My 1997 Teal K1500 Build/Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Lookin good! This past weekend was PERFECT for going out and working on the truck, But i was with the GF the whole weekend haha. Going out to Badger Motors tonight with a buddy to pull a steering colum haha.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lookin good! This past weekend was PERFECT for going out and working on the truck, But i was with the GF the whole weekend haha. Going out to Badger Motors tonight with a buddy to pull a steering colum haha.

Nioce! I'm gonna run back to the junkyard hopefully within the next week with some real tools and pull a gauge cluster that has a tach that goes from 1 to 6 and doesn't have redlines. I wanna retrofit that with teal glowing needles.

Not sure if I mentioned it but I ordered my LEDs today, so hopefully that ends up here before saturday. I wanna do some retrofitting!

UPDATE: I swapped out my passenger side switches with the ones I retrofitted so now I have teal/green wood grain door panel on the passenger side. Yee-Yee!

Last edited:

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Nioce! I'm gonna run back to the junkyard hopefully within the next week with some real tools and pull a gauge cluster that has a tach that goes from 1 to 6 and doesn't have redlines. I wanna retrofit that with teal glowing needles.
UPDATE: I swapped out my passenger side switches with the ones I retrofitted so now I have teal/green wood grain door panel on the passenger side. Yee-Yee!

Sounds quite Badass!!! :smoke2:

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds quite Badass!!! :smoke2:
Why thank you! My buddy and I both got our LEDs today! I helped him put his dome light and footwells in (took us five minutes) and once this massive headache goes away, I'm gonna start retro-fitting his switches. Then gonna do MY switches.

PLUS I got a buddy coming over tonight for me to install square "fog lights" on his brush guard.

PLUS PLUS a friend of mine (whom is a girl... a rather busty one at that :boobs: :drool: lol) asked me in science large group if I would be able to help her replace her driver side power lock switch in her 98 Camaro.

Damn, my electrician reputation is exceeding my ego. lol

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my fog switch retro-fitted (pics eventually) and I put the clear LEDs in the gauge cluster (not really worth pics). I also attempted to get my gear indicators to turn teal/green and when I turn my key on, I have no gear indicators. I gave it a try and thats as far as I'm gonna take those.

So, while trying not to piss my dad off anymore than he already is, I'm gonna leave my gauges in my truck for one day and fix them tomorrow when he's not around. Apparently my truck has been coming "first" in the priority list. Which to some extent is true, but I've been doing other things too.

Anyways, I'll put my stock gear indicator circuit board back in tomorrow. For one day I guess I'm gonna have to count clicks. lmao

actually, f*ck that, I'll swap it out in the school parking lot tomorrow morning. :D I'm so smart! JUST KIDDING! Who brought all his tools and forgot the circuit board at home? This guy! Gonna do it all after dinner.

Last edited:

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have a c*cksucking tachometer. I haven't posted in a few days cause I'm so pissed off that I put my entire dash back together after I swapped out the circuit board (I now have gear indicators, stock orange, yuck) and that my tach doesn't work. It sticks at 4000rpm and it doesn't even act like its just offset. I'm in no mood to tear my dash apart to fix it and I need to just stop f*cking with stuff for a little while. I'm hoping its just a mere connection issue or that it just needs to be bumped, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking I broke it and I don't have the means of fixing it properly. Ugh.

Topper is coming off tomorrow. I moved a bunch of stuff outta the garage so I can put it in the rafters and I need to recruit some friend to help lift it and put it up. I also was organizing my toolbox until the damn dog interrupted that by running off into the neighbor's and apparently finding a skunk.

I will try to post a pick of the truck without the topper... seeing as I have very few pics of it in its sexiest state of being.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have my sexy back. Got the topper off tonight. Too dark for good pictures. Gobs of sex appeal now.

Update: Might have dented my front plate in the other day bumping into the parking lot post at work. Those damn rails need to get taken out this summer anyways. The plastic bracket has no scratches or damage so thats all good and dandy. This'll give me a chance to take the plate off, put it between two wood boards and hammer it back to as good as I can get. Plus, I can spray paint the bolt heads that hold it on so the rust from them doesn't start running down the plate.

Oh, and after this lil accident, my SES light came on. Thinking pretty serious about getting a smart phone just for the sake of being able to have the Torque app and check my own codes. Plus, I'll be able to re-adjust my tachometer with said app so that's nice too.

Last edited:

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Worked a lil bit on retro-fitting my driver side door switches, now that its a 4-door setup, I need to retrofit a whole new set of switches. I got the two functional window switches done. Next I need to do the non-functional rear door switches and the power lock switch. Then, I shall be done!

I also perfected my fog switch so that the red indicator LED doesn't bleed out all of the cracks and only shines through the little lens when the rocker is turned on.

I dabbled with my spare 4x4 switch as well. I just need to put two more 3mm LEDs in for the lettering illumination and swap out the stock resistors for ones that will accommodate my red indicator LEDs. Hopefully they aren't TOO bright...

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tipped a few glasses of brandy back but I got myself a working teal/green 4x4 switch and my driver side switches light up teal/green. Yee-Yee!

UPDATE: Drove the truck a tad bit last night and I really need to get a diffused red 3mm LED behind the 2WD indicator light. Its way too bright for daily driving. 4-High and 4-Low can stay bright red cause I rarely drive with them on at night and if I do, its not for road trips, its so I can get home safe and sound.

Last edited: