My 1997 GMC Somewhat bulid thread ( Lots of Pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey just started to look at your thread and got to the end.. had the same thing happen on my 96... i parked it and there was a big puddle of coolant so i drove it to my local shop and $906 later it was fixed, they had it done in a day. but yours wont be that much because with mine they had to replace some kind of gear also... i forget what it was, but anyway it was 127 for that part. so id say your looking at 700-900 for an intake gasket.. they are brutal to do on the vortecs..

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
hey just started to look at your thread and got to the end.. had the same thing happen on my 96... i parked it and there was a big puddle of coolant so i drove it to my local shop and $906 later it was fixed, they had it done in a day. but yours wont be that much because with mine they had to replace some kind of gear also... i forget what it was, but anyway it was 127 for that part. so id say your looking at 700-900 for an intake gasket.. they are brutal to do on the vortecs..

I don't think it will be that much! I'm planning on doing it myself unless my dad's buddy will cut me a deal. He does a lot of work for us so I think he'll cut me some slack haha

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the hosing connections. Those hoses start to rot and decenagrade so I would check the hoses connections then maybe look for punctures if that's what it is bud.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Check the hosing connections. Those hoses start to rot and decenagrade so I would check the hoses connections then maybe look for punctures if that's what it is bud.

The only thing I'm worried about is would there be fluid leaking out? Mine doesn't leak a drop. I was also told that it would make my oil pressure go up if it was getting into the oil and my oil pressure was perfect driving around all day today

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Dang.. I dunno man that's honestly really weird.

Haha how do you think I feel! As of right now it is literally disappearing and I have no clue where to start. Hopefully when I change my oil this weekend it gives me some answers

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has to be pooling somewhere in the hood then. It can't just disappear into the air haha. Are you sure not a single drop is dripping?