My 1997 GMC Somewhat bulid thread ( Lots of Pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Here is the picks with the 3/4 ton leaf springs. I love the way they came out!
New vs Old
You must be registered for see images attach

With new springs and four inch lift in front

After a little crank to level the ground is lying it doesnt have that much Cali haha

This is what it looked like before in the same spot! Way smaller

Truck looks amazing with the new springs. Exactly the same stance I want when I get the lift

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck looks great man. Now I got something else to add to my junkyard list....

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Truck looks amazing with the new springs. Exactly the same stance I want when I get the lift
Thanks man and thanks again for all the info on the springs!

Truck looks great man. Now I got something else to add to my junkyard list....
Thanks P2 that means a lot coming from you! Your truck is one of mines idols haha I would recommend doing the swap I really didnt even feel a change in the ride quality at all either

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks P2 that means a lot coming from you! Your truck is one of mines idols haha I would recommend doing the swap I really didnt even feel a change in the ride quality at all either

In that case we need to have a serious discussion about wheel choice....

J/K, I am going to be looking for a set for sure. I think those springs an a shackle flip to replace the block would be the best route...

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
In that case we need to have a serious discussion about wheel choice....

J/K, I am going to be looking for a set for sure. I think those springs an a shackle flip to replace the block would be the best route...

My wheels? haha I just left my block I thiught about maybe doing a 3 inch block but I really like the height right now so I am leaving it. What exactly is a shackle flip?

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Figured out the videos! The quality was a million times better on my phone and please excuse the language
This is me and an F250 pulling out a Duramax that was laying frame
http://s1327.beta.photobucket.com/user/Kyle97GMC/media/GMT400/Trucks/IMG9526751_zps16cca762.mp4.html

This is me pulling out my friend and his NBS. He was stuck in some beach sand and we had to tie a bunch of straps together to get him out because it was so soft
http://s1327.beta.photobucket.com/user/Kyle97GMC/media/GMT400/Trucks/IMG950111_zps0c32a36e.mp4.html

This is my 83 Suburban one ton pulling out my friends jeep
http://s1327.beta.photobucket.com/user/Kyle97GMC/media/GMT400/Trucks/IMG950121_zps5c618db2.mp4.html

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks bro! They are about twice as heavy man now standing on my rear bumper the truck doesnt even move! I cant wait to tow with them. I thought about dropping to a three inch block but I love the way it looks now so it is staying with the four inch block! I know I need 315s bad now! They will complete it! :)

Ik watch mean my truck used to squat so easily it wasn't even funny now it actually feels solid back there. I love my new stance in the rear now if I could just find a way to get the front end up there

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Ik watch mean my truck used to squat so easily it wasn't even funny now it actually feels solid back there. I love my new stance in the rear now if I could just find a way to get the front end up there

Hell yeah man the back actually feels like a truck to me now! I will see how it tows on Saturday when I do a yard haha Maybe save up and order a four inch lift and sell the block or give it to your friend? How much height did you get out back?