My 1996 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironroad9C1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked this truck up a few years ago, guy that had it bought it with a bad engine so he got a used engine and paid 2 different guys to install it. well both where hacks and wound up screwing up the harness and only had the engine dropped in the truck,
You must be registered for see images attach

it was a solid truck, only had 89 k on it, but it was a hard 89k, it belonged to a pavement sealing and marking company and they kept it loaded down, the rubber isolators on the overload leafs were worn off or close to falling off if there was a tad left.. but unloaded is sat up good, they had bolts everywhere wires going this way and that, hell they even cut the rear o2 sensor wires for some frigging reason, but I had a 97 c2500 that I bought for almost nothing and it ran and drove good, but the roof was rusted above the windshield so I decided to cannibalize it for parts, I stripped it down and made the engine harness and what I didn't have due to it being a 2wd I repaired from what was left of the chopped up harness, , I was all down and started hooking things up when I happened to be looking down between the wp and the intake and Noticed a hole in the timing cover.. these hacks must have broke it somehow either removing the engine from what I came from or installing it in this truck, so out it came, I really wanted to clean the engine bay anyway so I was kinda glad and It allowed me to check the engine over .

How they managed to do this is beyond me cause these oil pans are very thick, I couldn't budge it when I tried to beat it out.

cleaned the intake, and added the new style injectors.

new oil pan gasket and rear main seal. new timing cover and newer style metal backed intake gaskets..

cleaned and painted up the engine bay.

then I removed the bed and started cleaning under it and removing the tank, I was glad I did.

this fine rock dust was packed in every orifice.
this was between the tank shield and the tank..

this was the sending unit out of the tank, and the inside of the tank looked even worse.

so I pulled the tank from my 2wd and it had a new unit with a new pump and the tank looked new inside so I swapped all that out and i hadn't fired up the engine yet so I removed the feulk lines and flushed and blew them out real good.
all back together and it ran great.

so next I pieced together my own cat back, magnaflow stainless y into a 3 inch welded ultraflow muffler from dynomax and out to a stainless 3 1/2 tail pipe from magnaflow, all cheaper than buying a full catback.

little vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7sZi1yw0as
then I got a deal on some stock size maxxis big horn mud tires in e load range.

then the transmission lost revere one day backing up with a load or rock in the bad. so I scored a rebuilt 4l80e off ebay for 600 bucks. and it took a while but I just got around to installing it last weekend and now she is back to her ol self again, I'm glad to have it back.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited: