My 1991 C2500 build…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Well Last winter I was cruising the local classifieds and found this truck at a pretty good price and I couldn't pass it up. So after getting him to lower the price even more, I drove it home for $900. I took it to have a safety inspection done to see what it would take to get on the road and it didn't need much, just a $14 flasher.

Here it is the night I got it home…
You must be registered for see images attach

After it was safetied I basically just drove it for the rest of the winter off and on. But once Spring got here I ordered a set of 4" spindles and blocks for the back…

Here it is with just the 4" spindles in it…

And here the rear blocks are in as well as the winter topper on… (all though it seems I don't need it much this winter)
After that I put on a set of 235/85r16's on the factory rims for winter driving…

For the summer I have a set of Pro Comp rims that I had on my 2014 Silverado…

Going to run 285/65r18's KO2's, unless I can figure out if 33x12.5r18's will fit with out rubbing…
The Interior is in great shape for it's age, but the HVAC controls are going haywire and I need to find a new one…

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Finally took a look at the RPO codes in the dash toady too, and the truck is a G80 truck with 4.10 gears. I plan to swap out the G80 for a Locker and keep the 4.10's.

This summer I plan to swap the anemic 305 for a 4.8 or 5.3 LS. The plans are to run an Edelbrock intake with a Fitech EFI set up, headers and a TSP 220 cam…

Between the Coronet and the truck I'm going to be busy all summer…

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Some came with 4.3's lol… She doesn't do to bad, to be honest. Even with the bigger tires she's not to bad on gas, as long as you're not on it all the time. She can barely get out of her own way, lol…

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
When I bought the truck I had a 2014 Silverado as well and ended up getting rid of it because I didn't need it and it had a vibration that GM couldn't fix…
I was going to trade it for another one, but then thought I don't need two trucks and this one is paid for. So I traded it and kept the old truck…

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Can we get some more pics of your truck? Did you have to do anything to make those wheels fit with the spindles? Are the just stock steelies?

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
I can get more later, when the weather clears up. And I put a 1/4" spacer behind the wheel, but I don't think it needs to be there, I did it before even checking the clearances. They are the stock rims for the C2500…

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Taking the truck for a bath in a bit, but just finished putting on some lower door seals I found. Good thing too, the sill's just fill with snow because they were missing…

Also anyone know what this might go too? I think it might be for a trailer brake, but not sure…
It's where the two arrows are, theres one line that's disco'd, but the two coming off the relay go to the back of the truck where they both just end…