Muffler instead of cat help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have just cat. It's towards the rear. Manifolds go into y. Runs down the passenger side, into cat and y out to duals. Its extremely rasping at about 3k. Sounds decent at idle. Could I do a 2.5 in dual 3 out instead of the cat? Would that sound better? I'm in southern colorado so there's no exhaust restrictions

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

For reference. This is what I have. No I didn't weld that garbage lol

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So would a 1 in 2 out muffler instead of the cat and y crap be better for sound and performance. I like the dual setup I just want something a little nicer looking and throatier. I have little pea shooters right now lol

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heh pea shooters.....
True dual with x pipe done! 2.5 all the way to the back from manifolds just put a Magnaflow cat before the 02 sensors n ur good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heh pea shooters.....
True dual with x pipe done! 2.5 all the way to the back from manifolds just put a Magnaflow cat before the 02 sensors n ur good to go

Where does the X pipe go in terms of location. Just so I know to tell the exhaust shop. I'd love to weld my own I just have no time or the tools, just the knowledge lol

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right after the cats would be ideal so O2 sensors won't throw codes. u can try out the sound it should be extremely smooth and even versus the jackhammer/flapper sound.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depending on the difficulty of installing the x pipe before the cats on YOUR truck. In my opinion for my truck after the O2's since I have a lot more pipe to work with. Performance would be immediately when the two pipes come close enough together. Good luck n Magnaflow has them for $100 Im more of a quiet invisible exhaust guy I don't like everyone knowing when I come home and leave late at night

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about it and may go with a quieter system. Like you said I'd rather not stick out