MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Long time, No update. I haven't done much to the truck since the last update, I've given it a few baths after the winter, put the summer wheels on and just been driving it.

For the easter holidays it was finally warm enough (just over freezing degrees) to wash it. I had to wash it twice to get all the mud of and it was still not as clean as it usually is!

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After, it cleans up pretty nice I think:

... and the summer shoes where put on the same weekend!

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I forgot to post this, on April 27th this happened, truck rolled over to 245.000 km (152k miles). I've never owned a vehicle with this high mileage and I've never had a daily driver that is 18 almost 19 years old. She's still runing good tho and the interior is almost spotless with just a little wear on the front seats. Suspension wise everything but one upper ball joint is all original too!

I had an Audi A6 Avant for 6 months once (moment of insanity) it had just over 220.000km (136.700 miles) on it and was an automatic, it was only 8 years old at the time. In Sweden when you buy a used car from a dealership you get 3-12 months warranty, so when the insanely expensive automatic (auto with sequential manual shifting) was about to go out less than a month after I bought it, they had to either replace it or take the car back and offer me another one, this is how I ended up with my Magnum. The dealership took the Audi back and because it was so bad and would have cost twice the value of the car to fix, they ended up junking it.

wareagleburn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! Looking good for warmer weather. Mine just turned over 195,000mi a couple weeks ago so with yours at 152,000 and with regular maintenance, if should still have a long life ahead of it. Still lovin' the blue

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
@wareagleburn Thanks, me too! :) I hope it lasts many more years, my friend has a 90 rclb with about 220.000 miles on it and it's still going strong so it should.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Last time I went to my parents I cleaned the inside of the truck (it got a bath too), I wiped it down and vaccumed it and it was very much needed. This summer I'll probably take the carpet out and wash it, even after almost 2 years it still has a bit of a weird smell in it. I think the PO smoked in it or at least one of the PO's did.

I realized I haven't really posted any pics of the interior before, she's still pretty nice even after 18 years and 152.000 miles, oh and it still has the original floor mats. It does have a little wear and a few tears but we have a company not far from where I live that restores interiors and they've fixed worse damages than mine so hopefully they can fix mine.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
A small update...
I finally replaced both swaybar end links, one has been broken for almost a year... I figured at least I could fix the things I knew where broken before I did the yearly inspection. It's so nice to have a more stable steering and best of all, no more clonk-clonk everytime I turn left.

We replaced both end links without removing the wheels or lifting it up, both would probably have made it easier.

I booked my inspection with one day to spare, I do that because this whole thing is torture to me, I hate it. About 2 hours before my appointment I always start feeling sick to my stomace and it doesn't pass until the inspections is done, then anger takes over and the rest of my week is ruined. It's the same thing everytime...

When he was done he tells me there is one thing, the airbag light stays on... I told him this was the third time I did an inspection on the truck with that light on and noone had even mentioned it before but he just had to be an ******* about it.
I guess to look on the positive side, this was the third inspection and other than these stupid things (airbag light and startbutton issue) the only thing that has been actually wrong with it was one upper ball joint, not bad for an almost 19 year old truck with 152k miles and everything original.

Anyways, now I have 30 days to fix it, in a country where GM is very absent even tho we have a ton of GM vehicles... Good luck to me.

Question: Does anyone know if you need to reset codes after disconnecting the airbag switch or do work around the airbag/steering column disconnecting and replacing things?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Im not sure how in depth they get with inspections but if you want the light gone you can pull the cluster apart and break the bulb. Theres no real way around it if you have the airbag switch disconnected.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
The airbag switch isn't disconnected, but it was while I replaced the bulbs and I was using the truck while the swich was disconnected. I was wondering if there was a code in the OBD that needed to be reset after putting it back in.
Also if it's needed after replacing a bunch of stuff in the steering column.