MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
The first 'after' pic.. wow! Great job, and great looking truck.

Thanks a bunch, your 'bourbon looks great too!

Dang what a difference! This thing is beautiful!

Thank you very much! :)

Damn that color is perfect

Ha, thanks I love it!

Nice, well worth the work you put into it!

Thank you! I've never used a claybar before and thought it would be a PITA but that was the easy part, I polished and waxed it by hand... my arms were like spagetti afterwards but totally worth it! :)

Came along way man, good lookin truck

Thanks alot! :)

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
It looks like fall is officially here, living close to the ocean is nice and all until fall and winter comes around. I wish my garage was a few inches higher so my truck would fit.

I guess to look on the positive side, the heater works quite well. By the time I get to the freeway, which is 5 minutes from my home, it's so warm I have to open a window.

You must be registered for see images attach

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
I guess to look on the positive side, the heater works quite well. By the time I get to the freeway, which is 5 minutes from my home, it's so warm I have to open a window.
You could turn down the temperature on the control panel. Far left is cold and far right is hot but it does adjust to any where in between them.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
You could turn down the temperature on the control panel. Far left is cold and far right is hot but it does adjust to any where in between them.

Haha, yeah I know but then it starts blowing cold air! :) I do adjust the temp and fan speed but sometimes it's nice to have it really warm and just open the passenger side window a little, fresh air never killed anyone :)
Mainly my point was that it's nice that it gets warm so fast, my Magnum needs 2x the time to get warm and it's in a heated garage.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I had quite the interesting drive home the other day, I drove across the street to the shopping center after work, it was raining a little so I used the wipers a few times. About 15-20 minutes later I'm back out again but now it's pouring. I didn't think much of it and drove of... since it was raining I turned on my wipers again and NOTHING, I tried a few times and hear a humming sound but no wipers. I kept driving cos this has happend once before but while they were already on and got stuck all the way up. That time I just swiched them off and a few minutes later they went back to "resting position" and started working again.
Not this time tho... I kept driving and the rain kept pouring, all I could see was gray, blurry and a set of taillights about 100ft in front of me thru the thick layer of water. I drove to the next exit and stoped at the gasstation, popped the hood, smacked the box I thought had something to do with the wipers and started the truck again, oddly enough for some reason they started working again! (And people keep telling me smacking things doesn't help!)

To top it of, when I made the first left turn at the intersection driving out of the shopping center parking lot, making the truck lean a little to the right, the water on the roof came flooding INSIDE the passenger door! The door was closed properly and even locked. This has never happend before, not even when I've washed it and poured water in the exact same spot. While at the gasstation I opened the door but couldn't see any damage to the rubberseals or anything else. I did notice the interior piece that goes along the top of the door opening was hanging down a little in the rear so I pushed ít up towards the roof and no more flooding...

On a completely different note, what do ya'll think about removing the tow hooks and putting LED lights in the holes instead? I have a 32" LED light bar but I can't drive around on the freeway with that on. I never use the tow hooks but could definitly use some more lights, fall/winter season is here and it's only getting darker, soon it'll be dark from 2pm to 9am.

Last edited:

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
There is a module on your wiper motor that needs to be changed. It has three or 4 screws that holds it to the wiper motor. Very simple to change.

On the tow hooks to lights that is a option that many have done with the C series of these pickups. The tow hooks do come in handy if it has to be pulled from a ditch during winter weather.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Keep the tow hooks and use a dremel to cut the valence and add some lights where they'd come on a truck from the factory