MPG Question (point me in the right direction)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
^and if your converter ever sticks locked....well, let's just say you'll get engine stalls when you start slowing down to stop. But that's true, I've actually used it in 4cyl automatics to pull slight hills just so it doesn't kick out of OD and drop into 2nd.....just bump brake pedal and it'll disengage converter and let the rpms build.

Farmerdan91

Reaction score
I currently have a 98 chevy with a 350 and everything is stock. I am getting 10 mpg in town and only 14 on highway. What can I do to step it up? I thought different spark plugs. I rarely go over 1600 rpms. I pussyfoot it just bout everywhere to save on gas unless I'm havin fun. What would you guys recommend?

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I currently have a 98 chevy with a 350 and everything is stock. I am getting 10 mpg in town and only 14 on highway. What can I do to step it up? I thought different spark plugs. I rarely go over 1600 rpms. I pussyfoot it just bout everywhere to save on gas unless I'm havin fun. What would you guys recommend?

Not trying to sound like an ass, but basically, get a gas sipper and let the truck be a play toy... I'm getting about the same, but I knew that when I purchased... The people I know of that get better mileage than I do are those with smaller tires, or a 2wd... You can however get an intake and exhaust to let it breath easier... Also, a BB economy tune might help... Goodluck!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
This may sound like I'm being an ass....but I love asking this question:

Why did you buy a truck if you were looking for mpgs?

:lol: Sorry but, it's a habit to ask that.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah....only reason to build a 305 is for trans-am racing where the maximum engine size is 5.0 liters.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I always thought it strange that T/A's had 5.7L engines when in the T/A circuit they have 5.0L........then I found out the 5.0's they have are dynamite engines producing close to twice the street hp as the 5.7 in the T/A car. :p

Farmerdan91

Reaction score
Just tryin to squeeze a few more mpgs. I knew what I was gettin into just thought id save a few bucks