MPG Question (point me in the right direction)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah i understand man, just pullin some chains and giving some hard times :p Gas just rose 12 cents overnight........:nono:

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just tryin to squeeze a few more mpgs. I knew what I was gettin into just thought id save a few bucks
I'm just messin too! but Like I said, intake exhaust, and since you said it was a 98, a black bear economy tune should help a little!

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I always thought it strange that T/A's had 5.7L engines when in the T/A circuit they have 5.0L........then I found out the 5.0's they have are dynamite engines producing close to twice the street hp as the 5.7 in the T/A car. :p

The 302 is easily reproducible by anyone. It only takes a 4" bore block, 3" stroke crank, 461 double hump heads(or equivalent), 5.7" rods(they used forged but you can use powdered or standard steel), high dome pistons(talking 13+CR. PN IC803-STD are best and closest to the originals) and a high RPM cam. Just some useless information I seem to have retained. I actually have an original DZ302 and it is stupidly valuable(mostly because of the intake) but I would rather thrash on a destroked 350/302 for the fact it isn't very expensive to replace with the same results.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
He was talking about the Trans Am series Camaro Z28. Trans Am is a racing series that limited the engine to 5 liters and factory available parts. It was only produced from 67-69 and the DZ302 was only available in 69.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah the 301 was a very short lived engine. It was fairly crack prone due to the thin casting and power output was way down because of the emissions requirements. The parts weren't compatible with any Chevy small block engines and not many Pontiac small blocks.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yea i noticed that while trying to throw in some chevy parts that i thought would work but didnt, i ended up trading some guy for a 455 why he wanted a 301 and not a 455 is beyond my understanding but i guess it worked out for the both of us