MPG Question (point me in the right direction)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah something is wrong to only be able to get 200 per tank, this is also where people that have deleted their EGR valve start to suffer, I have seen multiple people get rid of their EGR valve on these TBI motor's and loose about 2 mpg out on the highway.

When I bought my truck all it had was LT's and some stupid exhaust setup and I could get 17 all interstate avg. 70 MPH with 3.73's and 265/75/16 with a passenger. I wish I could still run EGR now though.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
just roughly measured and the tank is about 44x13 i didnt take ionto account the divets in the tank or anything like that. is that close to what you guys have?

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Engine RPM does not have as much to do with fuel economy as many people think. It is engine load. The power range of our motors are where max economy is at. Too low of an RPM means the motor is lugging and you have to press the throttle harder. Think of putting 38s on a stock geared truck. In OD the engine doesn't make enough power to cruise at 55mph. The RPMs are too low and you have to lean on the throttle. In D the engine pulls the load at a higher RPM but a lower throttle input, using less fuel.