mounting electric fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a set of camaro e-fans i need to mount. any tips, tricks, pics, or other info is greatly appreciated.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am using nbs fan's, do you have a pic of you fan's I have never seen them before?

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well if it were me I would fab up either some aluminum or stainless custom bracket's to hold it in place, what do you have in mind?

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
honestly, this is the first time i'm looking at the fans & radiator & i don't have anything in mind yet, LOL!!!!

here's a few pics of the fans sitting on the radiator.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm well I would also want to make some nice looking side panel cover's to cover the core and help the fan's to pull from the whole radiator.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing about the sides. i guess once i get the core support back in i'll get a better idea of how to mount them. trying to get everything else together while i'm still trying to get my fenders painted.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the little plastic tabs (4 on each fan), the ones they use on dirt track cars to attach stuff to the radiator.

mikesz

Reaction score
I just did this. With some modifications the fan fits very nicely into the stock fan shroud. Looks like it's supposed to be there and is secured with the factory bolts. It can be very easily installed and removed. I started with a '96 and up shroud, not sure if they are different on the non Vortec trucks.

1- Trim all the tabs off the Camaro fans.
2- The bottom of the Camaro fans has a bowed out portion that prevents it from fitting all the way down in the core support, place a straight edge across and cut that off. ( not sure if this is really necesary, as I was trying a different mounting scheme at this point)
3- On the shroud there is a moled in line that goes all the way around. It starts just behind where the channel is for the wire that runs across the top and goes between the battery and fuse block. Cut the shroud along that line all the way around.
4- The Camaro fans now fit snugly in the shroud along the top and bottom. I used screws to attach here. There will be a one inch gap on the left and right side, I used great stuff foam to seal it up and painted it black.

Mike