Fan constantly running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kylebg94

Reaction score
So I have a 95 silverado k1500. Everytime I crank the truck. Within the first minute, the fan turns on. And stays on the entire time the truck is running. Is this normal for these trucks or not?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have a 95 silverado k1500. Everytime I crank the truck. Within the first minute, the fan turns on. And stays on the entire time the truck is running. Is this normal for these trucks or not?

Engine fan?

When a new fan clutch was installed by the GM dealer on my father's K1500 '95 5.7L, the fan would run all the time until the engine RPM got to around 3000, then the clutch would release and the fan "spin down" to something more normal... at least, while cruising down the road. Upon slowing (engine RPM lowers), the clutch would engage again and remain tight until the engine RPM was again over ~3000, then it would release.

Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Electric fan or viscous fan?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cab blower or radiator fan? Or auxiliary fan?