Monroe Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
+1 for the Bilsteins, not so much on the Ranchos though. Fun fact, Rancho is actually owned by the same company as Monroe. If I were you 96C1500 I'd get Bilstein HDs from http://www.eshocks.com (for much cheaper than anywhere else) and replace your leaf springs when you can afford it. The Bilsteins really aren't that much more money than other options and they're great.

I agree eshocks.com

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll just have to hold out longer on the shocks until I can afford bilsteins.

Sent from my Vortec powered Stratosphere

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll just have to hold out longer on the shocks until I can afford bilsteins.

If your truck sees the pavement only look into Belltech a member on here sells them

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
KYB is another alternative for you.
I agree with changing the rear springs. Air shocks put too much stress/weight on the shock mounts when aired up for a load.
You can go with a set of used 3/4 ton springs and be done with it.
They will provide load handling with a relatively stock ride.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
The issue with 3/4 ton springs is the lift, it already has pretty bad rake being a rclb

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The issue with 3/4 ton springs is the lift, it already has pretty bad rake being a rclb

Do the 3/4 ton springs actually change your ride height? I thought that would stay pretty much the same. Regardless, I'd probably keep them 1/2 ton if I were you unless you do a lot of hauling. It'll keep your ride smoother.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Do the 3/4 ton springs actually change your ride height? I thought that would stay pretty much the same. Regardless, I'd probably keep them 1/2 ton if I were you unless you do a lot of hauling. It'll keep your ride smoother.
Yep about 2 inches

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Do you know how much the 3/4 ton front coils raise it up?

About an inch. You could always put 3/4 ton springs front and rear and if the rake is to much you could throw some drop shackles on it.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
About an inch. You could always put 3/4 ton springs front and rear and if the rake is to much you could throw some drop shackles on it.

that's what i was thinking. thanks