Misfire issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E_Wheeler

Reaction score
Was there any slack in the spindle? The new one I put in had no play in it but the one I replaced was very loose which was probably not letting the PCM control it correctly. I hope this fixes it for ya.

Eric.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I changed the iac no difference between old and new in slack or idle quality either which makes no sense to me

E_Wheeler

Reaction score
Did you do an IAC relearn??

I disconnected my battery for about a minute, then set the parking brake, started it up and put in drive letting it run for about 10 minutes until it heated up and cycled once. Then I shut it off for about 10 seconds and started it back up and ran it for another 5 minutes. I read a tech article somewhere that explained that it has to see a cooling cycle to set the correct IAC and gave this procedure to set it.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok did the relearn and it got a lot smother but it's still missing. in neutral or park but smooth. in drive it's a little rough but my crescent in the passenger side door no longer sounds like a knocking rod

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you compression numbers on all cylinders?

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't remember last time I did a compression check was when did the heads. I did find out its all bank 2 not sure what that tells me but with time.

E_Wheeler

Reaction score
Are you able to monitor vacuum? If so at idle does it fluctuate on the miss? I use Torque Pro on my phone with a bluetooth OBDII adapter. Let's look at all kinds of stuff.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should be related to the map sensor right?

Also new info. all the miss is on bank 2 mainly cylinder 2 and I have got a p1351 ignition control circuit high voltage and p0302? miss disappears at any throttle at all. or even if the truck is made to idle up by the IAC

Last edited: