Misfire issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Brake booster?Do you hear a light hissing noise when you hit the brakes. If not spay starting fluid around the vacuum hose increase in idle means vac leak.
Bad egr will cause a miss , bad ect will load the truck up with fuel causing it to almost stall.
Pull your crank sensor out and clean it , then reinstall they will have crap on them sometimes.

E_Wheeler

Reaction score
Hi,

I was having a very similar issue with it missing at idle and stumbling coming off idle etc. but no codes. I finally tracked it down to the IAC. After I replaced it that took of the missing and the stumbling.

Hope this helps.

Eric

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi,

I was having a very similar issue with it missing at idle and stumbling coming off idle etc. but no codes. I finally tracked it down to the IAC. After I replaced it that took of the missing and the stumbling.

Hope this helps.

Eric

You think this could cause themail missing at higher rpms up to 2500 under light throttle

E_Wheeler

Reaction score
On mine it didn't matter what speed or rpm, when you pressed on the pedal slightly it would feel like it was missing until you got to a certain point and it would smooth out. It was random though, sometimes it would be ok, other days it would just do it slightly and some days it felt like a bucking horse lol. When I took mine out, the stepper motor was so worn out you could turn it about a 1/4" turn before you found any resistance. Again I never got any code for it. I went through the same things, replaced head gaskets, distributor, fuel spider plugs wires etc.. and it was driving me nuts. Not saying any of those parts were not bad and contributing to the issue, but once I replaced the IAC I had no more missing or stuttering. Now you barely can feel it running except for the rumble from the exhaust.

Hope this helps.
Eric.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's the only thing left I cleaned it and the passage and it got much better still there though we will find out when I get paid Wednesday