Michael's 1995 Suburban LT K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
I'm posting this here because people can reply, and I didn't want people not to be able to reply like in the dedicated build thread section. I traded a web design and a spare laptop for this 1995 Suburban. It's got 175K miles, and lots of little things that need to be fixed for it to be solid, but the engine runs great!

Today I took it to my mechanic shop and they did a complete inspection on it. it does need a lot of work but I'm going to do as much as possible myself, use the better tires off my K1500 Silverado that will get replaced with bigger ones after lifting anyway, and either trade the work (they want a website too) or just do it as I can afford to. It's not a daily driver (that's what the 07 Colorado is for) so it doesn't matter if it takes a while.

Mechanical issues:
-Various leaky gaskets
-Serpentine belt should be replaced
-Spark plugs/wires/tune up
-Air filter
-Oil+filter change (will be done with intake, valve cover, and oil pan gaskets)
-Differential service
-Transmission service (filter+fluid)

And the Suburban wanders all over the road. I will be putting the tires/wheels from my 1998 Silverado on there to take care of the fact that the tires on the Suburban are old and bald. Doing a complete front end/steering overhaul soon.

3" BL and Flowmaster 50 will be the main "mods"

Can't think of anything else for now, but I look forward to posting as I work through the problems this poorly maintained vehicle! And, of course, some pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

mistaake

Reaction score
Nice to see another 'Burb on here! Interesting color combo...

It's kinda ugly :'( But I could not choose the color. Ideally it would have been white, or really any other color, but oh well, I will live with it. At least blue is my company's color... just the wrong shade of blue.

mistaake

Reaction score
Today I took some more pictures of it (useful, I know!) and started cleaning the inside. Didn't get very far but I did remove the 3rd row seat. $50 locally (SF Bay Area, CA) if anybody wants it. The weird blue color is starting to grow on me. I don't think it's so bad anymore.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
I don't really think the paint is that bad, I'm just not feeling the white trim with it. I am jealous of your black leather interior though. I had a pathfinder with black leather and just love the 'ambiance' of a black leather interior. I'm not real keen on my gray and beige leather.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are willing to ship that 3rd seat, I might be interested. Looking forward to watching your progress.

mistaake

Reaction score
I don't really think the paint is that bad, I'm just not feeling the white trim with it. I am jealous of your black leather interior though. I had a pathfinder with black leather and just love the 'ambiance' of a black leather interior. I'm not real keen on my gray and beige leather.

I don't mind the color, but I prefer the tan in my other truck because it's better in heat.

If you are willing to ship that 3rd seat, I might be interested. Looking forward to watching your progress.

If I can't get rid of it locally I might be willing to ship but are you sure you want to pay so much? Even if I give it to you for free (not saying I will, but if I can't sell it locally I'd like for it to be gone) the shipping will be ridiculous.

mistaake

Reaction score
Ugh I really hate doing this but I think I'm going to try to sell the Suburban. I put it on Craigslist yesterday for $2400 and somebody is already interested at that price. I will either put the better tires off my K1500 Silverado on there or sell it a little cheaper with the current crap tires.

I'm selling because I want to focus on getting the Silverado up and running. Engine rebuilds, catalytic converters, regearing, lift kits + installation, wheels+tires, are not cheap, and this way I could get started on the Silverado. I love how much interior space the Suburban has compared to the extended cab truck, but I just don't feel passionate about it. I have too much going on to have a third truck that I don't really know what to do with and money doesn't grow on trees. If the Suburban was a nicer color on the outside or didn't have front end/steering/suspesion issues I'd hang on to it but I think for now it's going to go. I know I don't have to justify why I am selling it but I am a bit bummed because Suburbans are really versatile and it's way cooler than the crappy 07 Colorado I daily drive but hey, the Silverado will be better than both of them combined so... whatever!

And please, if you're reading this, don't buy a first-gen Chevy Colorado. The stupid thing only gets like 17MPG and it's a wimpy-ass four cylinder. /endrant.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ugh I really hate doing this but I think I'm going to try to sell the Suburban. I put it on Craigslist yesterday for $2400 and somebody is already interested at that price. I will either put the better tires off my K1500 Silverado on there or sell it a little cheaper with the current crap tires.

I'm selling because I want to focus on getting the Silverado up and running. Engine rebuilds, catalytic converters, regearing, lift kits + installation, wheels+tires, are not cheap, and this way I could get started on the Silverado. I love how much interior space the Suburban has compared to the extended cab truck, but I just don't feel passionate about it. I have too much going on to have a third truck that I don't really know what to do with and money doesn't grow on trees. If the Suburban was a nicer color on the outside or didn't have front end/steering/suspesion issues I'd hang on to it but I think for now it's going to go. I know I don't have to justify why I am selling it but I am a bit bummed because Suburbans are really versatile and it's way cooler than the crappy 07 Colorado I daily drive but hey, the Silverado will be better than both of them combined so... whatever!

And please, if you're reading this, don't buy a first-gen Chevy Colorado. The stupid thing only gets like 17MPG and it's a wimpy-ass four cylinder. /endrant.
Ik how ya feel man, I have 3 trucks for sale that I'd really rather keep but I need money for my other projects.