Mercruiser 454 exhaust manifolds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can mercruiser exhaust manifolds be used on a regular 454? I’m trying to figure out how to plumb a turbo and came across these. Would they work on a street driven truck?

You must be registered for see images attach

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Good question. The reason for the water is to preheat the water entering the engine and to finally evacuate the heated water from the system.

My experience has been with an aluminum set. I was investigating a possible head failure. Turned out to be a water leak in the exhaust.

Again this was on aluminum. And I have no idea what caused the crack. I assumed running without water in the system.

There are quite a few BBC turbo headers available.

EliandBessy

Reaction score
Not sure about the exit manifolds. I have a 89 sea ray with a 454 merc in it. It is carbed and I was gonna try to do a vortec injection setup on it with one of my spare intakes. The intake did not match my gen VI truck. I have a TBI 3500 too but didn't try anything from the gen V block. What block do you have in your truck? Based on what I've read SOME Gen IV stuff (Pre-88) will fit on a Gen VI block, but gen V is totally different than both.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a gen 6 block. And I was looking st these cause I’ve always wanted the turbo to sit on the side of the motor between the middle cylinders like all the import inline 6 Turbos (Supra, gtr,etc...) so I was looking st these and thought just an adapter at the top with a second inlet for a crossover. All the other turbo headers are for twins and always put the turbos way out in front of the motor(i want to run a single btw)