Meet Barbra jr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arpowers

Reaction score
Ok to start off I’m fresh to the gmt400 forum but not to the gmt400 platform. Everyone meet Barbra jr she’s a 1993 k1500 that I found on Facebook for $1300. I haven’t owned a 90s Chevy since high school and call it regression but I had to pull the trigger at $1300. She’s rough but shifts…kinda, runs…kinda and the 4x4 works. The body is rusted but the frame is solid…kinda no cracks or holes so pretty solid for beater status. She’s got a 5.7 with unknown miles and the body just crested 267000. But what really caught my eye was that it was original so to speak. Hasn’t been body lifted, jacked up cut up, except for the stupid sun roof or really messed with other than just over all neglected.

You must be registered for see images attach

This all started thanks to covid pricing and me not wanting to put anymore miles on my 2019 tacoma.

My plan was to throw a few small things at it to get it to driver status but she’s tired. So far I’ve done, plugs, wires, knock sensor and plug, starter, trans fluid filter, oil change, and coolant temp sensor and fixed the exhaust. On the slate is a tbi rebuild, fuel tank, pump, straps, filter and lines front to back. check the coolant leak, check brakes and front end and fix the leaking windshield. So a few small things turned into a complete white board list but I wanted a project as well so I really can’t complain. I’m sure I’ll be using this site as she runs rich now and needs a few things but I got lucky at my local junk yard on some hard to get parts interior parts so she’s moving right along.

Plans also include to fix the holes in the floor with license plates, get her running good, then maybe cosmetically fix her up a little here and there. But I kinda like the way she looks. Rough but I want it running well and leak free. So if y’all wanna see more and keep up to date on Barbra jr’s progress let me know. I’ll post as I go.