matte black and chrome to almond work truck rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hinrichs

Reaction score
I think the one was rubbing which i only noticed the other day and didn't have time to fix, that was this weekends plan and to park it basically for the winter and start to get a lot of the little things fixed.

hinrichs

Reaction score
Got the truck home finally, need to tear down the front end tomorrow and see what bags it was running and start trimming everything out so I can order some new ones.

The lip held up good for being dragged up and down the flatbed surprisingly.

hinrichs

Reaction score
Well finally got to actually working on the truck after just looking at it for about a week or so, really had no motivation at all. Now that I want to sell or trade it...time to fix it.

Here is the bag that blew, guess it was rubbing worse than I thought originally. Ordered 2 re7 for the front to get it back on the road.

You must be registered for see images
blown bag by minthinrich, on Flickr

Forgot I had my plasma cutter so this has been a lot easier for some of the cuts. Just cant figure out how to get the lower arms out to modify them.

plasma by minthinrich, on Flickr
cuts by minthinrich, on Flickr

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just cant figure out how to get the lower arms out to modify them.

Maybe I misunderstood you but in case I didn't - since you already have the spindle and bag out, you're most of the way there. Two bolts holding it to the frame and usually lots of prying with a long crowbar to get it to wiggle out of the frame. On one truck I actually had to use a porta-power with the spreading claw attachment to open the frame pockets up a tiny bit in order to get it to re-install after I did poly bushings.

Richard

hinrichs

Reaction score
You're selling it?

thinking about it, want something more fun on the road at the moment. This is normal for me tho don't keep vehicles very long sadly.

Maybe I misunderstood you but in case I didn't - since you already have the spindle and bag out, you're most of the way there. Two bolts holding it to the frame and usually lots of prying with a long crowbar to get it to wiggle out of the frame. On one truck I actually had to use a porta-power with the spreading claw attachment to open the frame pockets up a tiny bit in order to get it to re-install after I did poly bushings.

Richard

Yeah I pulled the bolts, but the arm just wont budge. I have been able to get a decent amount done tho with it just being able to swing down a lot more, but id love to pull it out. I was going to pry on it but wasn't sure if there was some odd little part keeping them in to play it safe.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nah just the two bolts, then often a bunch of prying with a long bar. Been there, done that, more than once!

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard