Mark8 electric fan install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the fan runs very little btw, anything over 30-40mph and it will never kick on, I only hear it trip on when tooling around in a parking lot looking for a spot.

same with mine, and I've only seen it switch to high once, but that was because I was trying to burp my cooling system. its a very good flowing fan.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
junkyard, $20...
dang it why must my local junk yard suck so bad! They want $50 for one of those. and the AD244 alternator that some people have gotten for $20 they want $40 for that! They seem to be twice as expensive as people here seem to get stuff for! They also want $50 for a fuse box... It's just a plastic box with some wires in it for goodness sake.

the fan runs very little btw, anything over 30-40mph and it will never kick on, I only hear it trip on when tooling around in a parking lot looking for a spot.
That makes me want to do it even more than I already did (and I really want to) In the winter time here it gets pretty chilly and I doubt it would ever turn on while I'm moving. There's no reason to be wasting gas pulling that much cold air through the radiator with a clutch fan. Plus then I would get heat sooner than 1/2 way through my 7 mile commute to school...

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea so basically it's doing nothing and isn't needed, all you need is the air to flow thru the whole radiator and it does that on it's own once moving. The shroud is usually for traffic to help the motor mounted fan pull air thru the whole thing and not just a round spot. The electric fan mounted to the rad is only pulling air thru the area the fan covers, so the shroud basically does nothing. Moving air from driving doesn't need to funnel it's already hitting the entire surface, and that's all it needs to do. Now if the e-fan was on the shroud I could see it doing the funnel effect, saw a guy have it setup that way the other day.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The electric fan mounted to the rad is only pulling air thru the area the fan covers...Now if the e-fan was on the shroud I could see it doing the funnel effect.

his e-fan isn't mounted on the radiator, its mounted to the inside of the shroud, the shroud is doing exactly what it does for the clutch fan.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well then that would work. I thought it looked kinda close to the end of the shroud.

disregard what I said then lol.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the back of the fan is almost 6" from the radiator core, I can feel the air being pulled in from almost 2' in front of the trucks grill while it's stopped, so it works just fine.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea if the fan is mounted to the shroud near the end where the original is then it would work just like stock, the only concern would be it pulling the air, and if you feel it in front of the truck then it's working perfectly no worrys.

I thought it was radiator mounted which would have no need for a shroud.