Mad Dog Transmissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Not trying to discourage you, but MD has a very colorful past of unsatisfied customers. Justin is one of many that received a problematic transmission and upon disassembly found that their "performance" transmission was nothing more than stock parts. I did a lot of reading up with MD whenever I was looking for a transmission for my old truck.

The last time I remember them popping up (I think on ls1tech?) a year or two ago a guy had ordered a transmission from them and it was a turd right out of the box. He paid to ship it back and it took something like 4 months for him to get a proper response. I can't remember exactly how it all went down, but I remember he ended up losing a lot of money.
Even if they've improved, just the first few results on a Google search of their company would keep me from buying anything from them.

I also read they have a different staff now - looks like they're getting a lot better reviews

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was about 8 years ago. I'm sure lots of things could have changed between then and now, but still, definitely the worst ebay experience i've ever had.
O yeah. I didnt go the Ebay route. Called em directly. He wrote down exactly what i wanted on a notepad. Im document the Transmission, Install, and Performance when it arrives.

Reaction score
Not trying to discourage you, but MD has a very colorful past of unsatisfied customers. Justin is one of many that received a problematic transmission and upon disassembly found that their "performance" transmission was nothing more than stock parts. I did a lot of reading up with MD whenever I was looking for a transmission for my old truck.

The last time I remember them popping up (I think on ls1tech?) a year or two ago a guy had ordered a transmission from them and it was a turd right out of the box. He paid to ship it back and it took something like 4 months for him to get a proper response. I can't remember exactly how it all went down, but I remember he ended up losing a lot of money.
Even if they've improved, just the first few results on a Google search of their company would keep me from buying anything from them.

I also read they have a different staff now - looks like they're getting a lot better reviews
I know i commented on LStech also. I want to see 4 U 2 C how my Review comes out. #GuineaPig for y'all.

Reaction score
I have recieved my Transmission the other day via Freight. Installation coming up in a week or two.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
more.. 2000 stall TC and parts+

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
I would be really disappointed in them painting the trans. Seems like a horrible waste of time to start with. And to do such a bad jobs, speaks volumes to their acceptable quality of work. If their not going to make it look perfect. Don't do it. Just put the extra time and expense into the internals, where it truly counts. I wouldn't care if the trans they sold me was dirty and ugly as long as it works as advertised.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I purchased my 1993 4L60e transmission at O'Reilly auto parts it has the best warranty and I have found three years unlimited miles in those three years.

The parts that are replaced are more than most Trans shops and they are bench tested.