LT1 OBD1 or OBD2? Vette build and mods thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
On their site it was saying something about needing two licenses for trans controller or some crap like that...

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On their site it was saying something about needing two licenses for trans controller or some crap like that...

Later PCM's (like the E38 I believe, LS2 style stuff) used a separate ECM and TCM. but the 411 has both integrated, so only 1 liscense needed per 411 controlled setup.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
For a small update, heres part of what we have done so far. Colt had a machinist take the back down to where we can plate it up and add a hole for the vortec distributor.
You must be registered for see images attach

The machined part is just going to get 1/4" Aluminum plates to block off so we can use the cooling channels like normal, and then we will drill out the distributor hole and add a 1/4" ring to have it sitting at the right height. He's gonna have someone soda/sand/co2 blast it to knock all that crap off of it, either paint it red to match the block, or leave it unfinished wit something to protect it.

We also had a '94 LT1 harness stripped own to what we need, but now that were going to a 411 computer we get to redo that again.... I dont have a pic of that but it looked decent. If we get verry many more harnesses we can completely hide the wiring because well have 12 miles of wire, or 19.312128 kilometers for Howard....

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
So some not so good news, the LT1 heads we have have already been decked once, so we cant use them for a few reasons now...

Colt has a 7qt Moroso oil pan and bought a bunch of goodies from Summit Racing, like matching Moroso oil pump, distributor cap, gaskets, mounting hardware and other fun stuff. Hes looking at using AFR heads now that he has to buy new ones...

This projects just taking its time to collect the toys...

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
We still will use the LT intake, but the heads are going to be a set of Trick Flows... The RHS heads are measured on a 4.2" or 4.7" cylinder so their numbers are slightly inflated vs our 4.0" cylinders...

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
We pulled the original engine out last night, when we pulled the temp sensor and plugs absolutely NO water came out. There is the overheating problem... Car is sitting on jack stands and we had a buddies wheels and tires he is putting on his RCSB OBS out there. So i set those tires up to the car for a good laugh. He has 265/60r18"s...

Last edited:

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol .. I looked at the picture before reading your post and thought...uhmm...aren't those tires a little big for a vette? heh. let us know how it comes along

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
It came out a lot easier than the other 350 we pulled from an ECSB, my eyes got their fare share of dirt from the car though...

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Anyone want new motor pics?

Vortec timing cover, he's doing an electric water pump. No heads yet.

Moroso 7qt oil pan, think that will be enough?

Roller cam, I don't remember what he got, if y'all are interested I can ask him later.

K&N oil filter, hes gonna run Royal Purple 10W30.

LT1 Intake set up their...

Other angle. Don't think he likes red...

And for good measure, here is a pic of the tire we burnt up...

Vids of what happened to that one tire...
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?1203-My-vids-and-pics-of-my-friends-and-I

Last edited: