LS1 transplant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's looking good man, if I were closer to you I'd come help you out to help you meet your deadline!

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, i'm not going to meet my deadline. the headers won't be ready till next week & i just sent my injectors off so i'm sure they won't be back till at least the end of next week.
figured while i'm doing all this work i might as well get some new motor mounts. OMG!!!!! removing the old mounts was probably the hardest thing i've done on my truck so far.
getting to the bolts inside the cross member is a *****!!!!!. i guess if i would have removed the bag & lower control arm & had someone turn the bolt while i held the nut it would have been a lot easier, LOL!!!

por-15 should be here friday so i can paint the frame & install the new mounts. still have to finish my tubs, inner fenders, & underside the hood, then start on smoothing the intake.

anyone know if the motor will drop in with the headers on it or will i have to fish them through from the bottom?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would not try to drop the motor in with long tubes on it, I think there there is a very big chance of them getting dinged up during the install.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Black Velvet ceramic coat

You must be registered for see images attach

cleaned up the frame a little with some Por-15

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haven't got much done lately.
new motor mounts are in, valve cover are back from powder coat, intake is smoothed & a friend of mine has it & a few other parts he's going to paint the body color for me. started thinning out my truck harness to find out i grabbed one from a 98 which is different from the 96. back to pull a part & bought a 96 harness, time to start thinning this one.
should be spraying the firewall sometimes this week then the motor will go back in, hopefully for the last time.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what r u going to do about the A/C? and what about the gas pedal? is it drive by wire? Im wanting this swap so damn bad. Ive had my 98 since day 1. Im looking at buying an entire wrecked truck or car to get everything I need like fuel pump, radiator, gas pedal, intake, gears, maybe even disc brakes in the rear, whatever I need. what are your thoughts on that? Finding wrecked trucks n SUVs all day for 3000$ This has been my daily driver for 13 years.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i haven't really thought much on the A/C. there's a few companies out there that make brackets for different compressors. i've talked to a few & which ever one wants to work a trade is the one i'll go with.
my motor is out an 02 so it's drive by cable, i'm pretty sure 03+ is drive by wire. the fuel pump in your 98 will be fine. depending on what fuel rail you run you may have to get the corvette fuel filter with the built in regulator. your radiator should be fine too.