LS1 transplant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck. When did you start this engine project exactly? I think I remember you from another site, from last year? You need to check your 2002 engine block serial number too. Quite a few of the regular LS1 engines that went into the F-body's & Corvettes came down the engine production line with the LS6 engine blocks. They had too many of them in the system, and this was a way to use them up. Its a better block.

Last edited:

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck. When did you start this engine project exactly? I think I remember you from another site, from last year? You need to check your 2002 engine block serial number too. Quite a few of the regular LS1 engines that went into the F-body's & Corvettes came down the engine production line with the LS6 engine blocks. They had too many of them in the system, and this was a way to use them up. Its a better block.

i started a few months ago but have been asking questions for about a year or so about doing the swap. i already checked the block #'s & it's an LS1, which is good enough for me, LOL!!!

Ray, please tell me theres no Erratic sticker on the back anymore LOL

that was my old truck. i don't think Erratic is even together any more. i heard all the TX guys split & only a few LA guys are still together.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last show I went to here in TX, Erratic is still alive.. its junk and nobody gives a **** though lol

Clint is finally making progress on the Power Ranger

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
another step closer, thanks to Nelson Performance.

You must be registered for see images attach

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
just subscibed, im looking to do a LS1 swap soon, one of my friends had a cammed LS1 in his 2000 SS camaro that started to knock so imma get that engine off of him cheap and then have it machined and slowly gather parts like you, then do the swap

QuickOrange

Reaction score
I'm planning a similar swap later this year once my funds are in line. One question though: if you have a matching ecu and engine, why the need for a custom harness? So far this and a rear end are my only hangups on my plans.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i could have had the stock harness reworked, but i worked a trade & opted for a whole new harness.