LS1 transplant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i finally found a deal on an LS1 package that i couldn't pass up.
it's an 02 LS1 motor, trans, complete harness, & ECU that a guy was putting into a 95 mustang. i bought the project, pulled the motor & trans & sold the mustang for damn near what i paid for the whole thing.
i'm slowly gathering parts & trying to work as many trades while doing the swap as possible, so it's taking longer then planned, LOL!!!

on to the pics.

my bagged 96 that will be receiving the LS1
You must be registered for see images attach

LS1 sitting in the mustang, it had an AJE k-member & the motor fit great, too bad i'm not a mustang fan.

bought a stand & welded some caster on it so i can push it in & out the garage.

adjustable mount plates i traded with Wisner Machine Works

traded services with another guy & he ported, polished & powder coated my throttle body.

Prototype ECU bracket i made

so far that's all i got. i've pulled a few things off the motor & started cleaning it up.
i'm probably having my harness & tune done by Nelson Perfomance, another trade.
i'm also trying to get some LS6 valve springs & intake, then i need to decide on exhaust, i'm very open to suggestions on that.

a few more little parts to get & i should be at my starting point. i'll take pics through out the whole thing.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys!!!
after doing some research, turns out 02 f-body LS1's came with the LS6 intake. some even came with LS6 blocks. i ran my part # & sure enough, it's an LS6 intake. that saves me some $$$ to go toward a set of headers & having them coated.
slowly knocking things off the list. hopefully i can start some progress soon.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
unfortunately no, LOL!!!
i'm still gathering parts & working some trades. hopefully i'll be sending my ECU to Nelson Performance soon & getting my tune & harness built. i'm about to contact Schoenfeld & see if they want to barter for a set of headers. if not i need to save some $$$ for them. i have a guy that will coat them for trade, just need to get em. after that i need to send off the injectors to get cleaned & flow checked, alternator, o2 sensors & i think i'll be ready. i'm working another trade for a top mount a/c bracket from Custom Image Corvettes, but that's not affecting me getting the motor in.