LS1 transplant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i haven't heard or seen anything about the trans lines. i know they they don't hang below the frame rails. i have my motor & trans together on a stand. i'll see about mounting the headers & see exactly where the trans lines set.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3 pin coolant temp sensor & harness to run the ECU & the gauge.
You must be registered for see images attach

1 wire plug to use stock oil pressure sensor.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a company i found on ebay, Nook & Tranny.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-...dZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ380288044356#ht_2096wt_939

they sell a bunch of stuff for doing an LS1 swap. some things they're high on & others they seem to have decent prices.

i really like the coolant temp sensor. since it's a 3 pin it will control the ECU & the gauge, & you only need the 1 sensor instead of running 2, one for the ECU & one for the gauge.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do as much research as you can. i started looking into the swap about a year ago & once the motor came along i couldn't pass it up. i'm still learning things as i go & the more i learn the easier it seems to be. i plan on documenting the swap with as much detail that i can. it's taking me longer then i would like but i'm working as much "trade" that i can to do the swap. you probably wouldn't believe me if i told you the actual $$$ amount i have invested, LOL!!!

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
i keep flip flopping, i wanna do a ls1 swap in my truck but my truck is starting to getting old and things are getting worn out so im thinking about just doing a cam and heads on my l31 and then eventually by a gmt800 and throw an ls1 in it, not sure tho

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my swap is officially underway. had a guy make me an offer for my vortec that i couldn't pass up, & with the thanksgiving holiday week(don't have to bring my daughter to/from school) figured it was time, LOL!!!
started pulling everything.

the guy is buying the motor, harness & ECU.. after pulling everything i realized i will still need the fuse center & plug that goes to the firewall so he's bring me his so i don't have to cut the harness for his direct swap.

yanked it out

& had to test fit the LS.

trying to get as much done this week. have to bring the headers to get ceramic coated, send my injectors off the get bench cleaned & flow tested, change the oil, trans service, plugs & thermostat.
then try to get the intake smoothed & painted, finish up my inner fenders & get the fenders & underside my hood ready for paint.
all before next monday!!!!! i don't think i'm going to make it but i'm going to try my best.