Lowered 98 rides like crap in the rear.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did about the same thing on my '90 RCSB. But when I tore it apart it got new leaf springs (I punched the new rubber bushings out and installed the greased poly bushings) Belltech drop shocks with out the extenders and all new hardware. That thing was fantastic driving and handling, and no need for a rear sway bar add on, rode and drove mint.
Scratching my head a little here. Rear anti-sway bar will have nothing to do with ride quality in relation to how bumpy or soft it feels, things that you would address with shocks, springs, etc. It's solely to reduce body roll in cornering. So I'm not too sure why you mentioned it in relation to OP's situation.

Richard

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess what I was trying to point out is with all the new bushings there was no bodyroll and I didn't need a swaybar, which yes is separate from his original post (I suppose I should have left that out or separated it to avoid confusion)

but more to the point is the Poly bushings took a HUUUUUGGGE amount of slop out of the rear of the truck with out even taking into consideration the new springs and shocks.

anywho...

What would be helpful is to have some pics of the rear setup, and then go thru the obvious ****, tighten bolts, check shocks, yada yada yada...

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The urethane full body & suspension kit in my '98 made a HUGE difference. Some might say that the ride is a bit harsh for their liking, but it's exactly what I was looking for.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
My truck wasn't harsh at all, I'm willing to go so far as to say it was the best driving truck I've ever been in. But I'm biased

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'll second a couple of the sentiments above. When I did poly on the '92 C1500 and '94 C2500LD it firmed them up a lot. Good drop shocks helped, too. I did rear anti-sway bars as well on both trucks and low profile 20's, finally going to XL load rated tires (Toyo Proxes S/T then S/T II) on the '94, really made those trucks handle well. I would call the ride a tiny bit harsh, but like sewlow said, it's the ride I expected with the parts I chose. Those trucks handled like nobody's business...for being trucks!

Richard