Low Solid Axle on 96 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Regal_Six

Reaction score
This is all hypothetical at this point, but some time in the future I would consider doing a solid axle swap on my 1996 Sub 1500. The burb does see some offroading, more for business than pleasure though, but mostly I'm interested in making the front end less complex. There are some real rough roads where I'm at and the bushings and control arms and all that get worn out fast. I have to realign the thing almost monthly. I'm wondering how low a SAS could sit compared to factory? My wife and kids already have a tough time getting in the thing with a 3" left and level and no running boards, and I really don't want it to sit too much higher either. Usually the solid axle stuff is for extreme crawlers or mud trucks with oversize tires so all of the build threads I've seen default to lifting the hole truck 10" or more anyways. I know the frame is lower in front that in the rear, so some lift over stock will be necessary.