loudest muffler w/o duals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorthorn79

Reaction score
What do yall think is the loudest & lowest pitched muffler out there? I have heard cherry bomb extreme, magnaflow & flowmaster (cant remember exact products name), or a walker sweet talker. I dont want duals cuz i have an extra large gas tank. I dont want to lose too many mpg, but is still want that loud & low pitched sound. What do yall recommend form above and/or if you have any other suggestion let me know. Still want the loudest thing possible and i will probably dump it right after the muffler.

PS what are the specs for the exhaust pipes? what is the circumference on the stock pipes leading into the muffler? 2.5, 3? I have no idea, i guess i havent looked hard enough lol.

shorthorn79

Reaction score
what do yall think about a tip? i would love some suggestion? anything really, I am just spinning my wheels cuz i cant really make up my mind..

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really like Pypes products. The violator series muffler is All stainless and sound bad ass. I have the violators on my TA and the M-80 on my 6.0 silverado. The M-80 is stainless also and sounds badass and its loud here is a clip of what mine sounds like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ikKoYj8oHc

If you are dumping it after the muffler and want loud I would go for the M80.

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glasspacks are the loudest i believe. I think the stock pipe is 2 or 2.5, but I'm not sure. And going true duals won't hurt your mileage, but it will let the engine breath a little easier. I have true duals dumping before the bed, just straight pipe with cats and it's pretty damn loud. I love the crackle of straight pipe :)

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
My magnaflow (not sure on model) is very loud witha nice deep bark but I'm also not running a cat. My exhaust going into the muffler is 2 3/4". Got a 92 K-Blazer with a 350 TBI

NiWhat

Reaction score
What would you guys recommend to get a nice "deep sounding rumble" like a 1969 camero, I have a 1998 4x4 half ton 5.7L

Last edited:

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
you mean 5.7? without removing the cat I find it kinda hard to get close to that old V8 rumble but a flowmaster system should get you part way there

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dynomax
/thread

I litterally had like $45 into that exhaust, if I had to buy the muffler it would have been about $100. Stock 3" y pipe, cat delete, stock 3" mid pipe, 16" Dynomax Bullet, 3" mandrel bent tailpipe, $5 Napa chrome tip. I cant wait to redo the exhaust with headers, cat and Magnaflow so its quieter but performs better. Don't worry if you go this route, its not quiet until you get in it, its loud all the time.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/1988-gmc-custom-exhaust-rev_181267.htm
http://www.streetfire.net/video/1st-gear_645393.htm