Loss in ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently my ride quality has been worse and worse. It started when I helped move my uncle's tools across town to a new shop. Then it got worse when I had to hug a curb when a big rig was stopped in the middle of the ride. And finally it got to where I'd like to fix it earlier today when I helped my dad haul a huge fish tank. Now the ride quality is very bumpy as if I can feel every single bump in the road. Even the idle has gotten rough. I havent checked anything yet because I dont know what to look for in terms of right or wrong.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1999 GMC Suburban
5.7 350ci VORTEC w/ (apparently) only 30k miles on it
2WD
As far as I know stock suspension, and I havent done anything to it since I got it in April.
Changed oil and fuel filter October 7

I would have it go through the paper work I was given when I bought it to see exactly what was replaced when the engine was rebuilt.

Last edited:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Dude. I am sorry, but I have to say this. You are really annoying saying "nothing?" On all of your posts. Not wanting to start anything, but please be patient, someone will answer your question.

Anyhow, these trucks are old, so a lot of things wear out on them. First off, How old are your shocks?

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If your shocks are worn out then the ride would be more bouncy.

Honestly, all you can do is inspect all of the suspension components and replace those that need replacing.

-Via Mobile-

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude. I am sorry, but I have to say this. You are really annoying saying "nothing?" On all of your posts. Not wanting to start anything, but please be patient, someone will answer your question.

Anyhow, these trucks are old, so a lot of things wear out on them. First off, How old are your shocks?

x2!!!

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I just dont want the problem(s) to get increasingly worse and have to pay even more to fix it.
As far as the age of the shocks, I dont know. I havent touched them since I bought it in April.

yea off hand im thinking with stock suspension, shocks couldve blown out, front end components, loss of air in tires.
I just added air about a week ago. 30 PSI all the way around.

If your shocks are worn out then the ride would be more bouncy.

Honestly, all you can do is inspect all of the suspension components and replace those that need replacing.

-Via Mobile-
I wouldnt know how to tell what needed replaced and what didnt. And I dont want to replace EVERYTHING right now, just what needs changed NOW. Eventually, yes, I'd like to replace everything, but money is extremely tight...