long box to short box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

102SS

Reaction score
Hey all. Been looking for some time for a conversion kit or advise on how to convert a long box 88-98 into a short box. Is there a kit available or have anyone done this before and know where the frame need to be cut? My long box is in good shape and it's hard to find a nice short box anymore. Any help is appreciated.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all. Been looking for some time for a conversion kit or advise on how to convert a long box 88-98 into a short box. Is there a kit available or have anyone done this before and know where the frame need to be cut? My long box is in good shape and it's hard to find a nice short box anymore. Any help is appreciated.
I did this to a superduty one time (cab and chassis truck ) wasn't to bad of a job.. went to a short f150 bed with with daully fenders added that was the big job . Always wondered how hard a pickup would be I got a 1999 3500 RCLB single wheel, I bought as a roller could be an neat little mod to do to it

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I did this to a superduty one time (cab and chassis truck ) wasn't to bad of a job.. went to a short f150 bed with with daully fenders added that was the big job . Always wondered how hard a pickup would be I got a 1999 3500 RCLB single wheel, I bought as a roller could be an neat little mod to do to it

I did mine in 1 weekend, driving a long bed to driving a short one. Its really not that hard.