Lift kit preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea might as well do it while you have it apart, especially if everything is original with your 150k. I went all AC Delco hoping they will last the longest. If your gunna do all 4 ball joints, all 4 tie rod ends, idler, pitman maybe 400.

edit: i priced on rock auto to 355 shipped. And thats for ac delco professional grade oem, not the cheap delco advantage stuff.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yea might as well do it while you have it apart, especially if everything is original with your 150k. I went all AC Delco hoping they will last the longest. If your gunna do all 4 ball joints, all 4 tie rod ends, idler, pitman maybe 400.

edit: i priced on rock auto to 355 shipped. And thats for ac delco professional grade oem, not the cheap delco advantage stuff.

Delco is (or was, depending on who you ask) good stuff, but its hard to argue with a lifetime warranty.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh for sure either way moog or delco is good stuff.

Chris, I wanted to ask you is that XJ shaft upgrade really good? I've been curious about doing that to mine. My front end feels tight but have some slight play still.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Oh for sure either way moog or delco is good stuff.

Chris, I wanted to ask you is that XJ shaft upgrade really good? I've been curious about doing that to mine. My front end feels tight but have some slight play still.

Best mod you will ever do, and I'm 100% serious. Though if its really slight play, that could be your box and not your shaft. If you still had a lot of play I would most definitely get an XJ Shaft, but hey, for a few bucks at the pick and pull how can you lose?

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok cool we'll see. Yea I dunno on the highway I can still wiggle it back and forth. A lot of these 400's I've driven seem to have play.

adambru

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to order ball joints off rock auto there are 3 different sizes for the pressed bearings, does it matter what one i get for my 98 gmc sierra z71

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your getting the MOOG problem solvers your gunna wanna get 2 of K6292 (upper). And 2 of K6477 (lower) if you have a stamped lower control arm!! If you have a forged lower control arm you need K6509 for the lowers.

Last edited: