LED retro '98 K1500 5.7 bulb ID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom M

Reaction score
Hello :
Has anyone put a complete LED bulb list together for this model? I hope to buy from superbrightleds.com
I found one for a 97 and just want to be 100% sure.....Thnks

Tom

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SuperbrightLEDs.com has a pretty comprehensive guide to their LEDs. Just put in your vehicle info and their site should tell you 90% of what you need to know. For weird little stuff like reading lights and switch/cluster bulbs, just ask us specifically. We should be able to help you out.

Here's a link to a fine article that should help answer most of your LED questions. Welcome to the site, by the way!

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/interiorLED.html

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about a shopping list of bulbs needed?
Do you use the 5x or the HP5 for the gauges?
I think the 360 degree dimmable is what you would use anywhere on the inside of the cab and possiblly for the cargo light...?

I'm ready to do at least the dash lights, but the cost sure adds up fast and I'd like to get exactly what is needed.
The article is a big help...

The partial list below is a guess BTW

WLED-X (5 Lumens)
1x for ash tray
etc....

WLED-X5 (30 Lumens)
6 gauges
2 doors
1 glovebox
etc....

WLEDX HP5 (90 Lumens)
Cargo light
Tag lights
etc....

Tom M

Reaction score
Update.....I used their vehicle ID. It brought up the best match for each place in the cab. I highly recommend that one reuse their original sockets in the gauge cluster...SBLED's has a good product but their bases and sockets are just a centimeter or so small. You will get a tighter, more secure feeling with OEM sockets, just plug new bulb in after pulling the incandescent. Having some issues in other places, like the 3mm bulb in the door switch, but so far all is good....The festoon type bulbs recommended for reading lights and dome are a PITA as the bulb terminals and circuit board w/ bulb are just a cm or so to big in this case.... They are great about returns to try the next size down.........I will be switching dome and reading as soon as I can figure out why I cannot get power to the dome, map, reading, door panel and door switch bulbs.......

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
as soon as I can figure out why I cannot get power to the dome, map, reading, door panel and door switch bulbs

Is the dome override button pushed in on your headlight switch? That kills all power to the interior courtesy lights so you can open the doors without anything coming on.

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update.....I used their vehicle ID. It brought up the best match for each place in the cab. I highly recommend that one reuse their original sockets in the gauge cluster...SBLED's has a good product but their bases and sockets are just a centimeter or so small. You will get a tighter, more secure feeling with OEM sockets, just plug new bulb in after pulling the incandescent. Having some issues in other places, like the 3mm bulb in the door switch, but so far all is good....The festoon type bulbs recommended for reading lights and dome are a PITA as the bulb terminals and circuit board w/ bulb are just a cm or so to big in this case.... They are great about returns to try the next size down.........I will be switching dome and reading as soon as I can figure out why I cannot get power to the dome, map, reading, door panel and door switch bulbs.......

Tom, im doing my instrument cluster right now.
I actually found the replacment socket bases to be a lot tighter than rhe original.

I have a 1995. Three of the bases (BLACK) said "Replace entire asm".
Three (gray) had the reusable bases. I just used all new bases since i had them.

Important note that i may have missed somewhere.
The COOL WHITE bulbs liok BLUE, not a bright white that i was expecting.
You must be registered for see images attach

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, the blue tint is caused by the blue backing of the instrument cluster, not the bulbs