LED Headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I have not but based on how the optics of a halogen bulb work (emits light all around it) these would only be emitting light two directions. Given HIDs already have enough trouble casting stray light these would appear considerably worse.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. Good points. They caught my eye and I was just wondering. Seems to me, if they are so good, we would have heard more about them before.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I checked the links.... I could see them being used for high-beams but as low beams? I don't even think they would work that well as highs to begin with. Light optics aren't something easy to replicate using a different source in a housing not designed for it. It's why HIDs don't generally work as well and tend to get messy.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
From the looks of it factory high beams have a cleaner (and lower) cut off than these do in low beam housings.

Doesn't make sense to me when you can get complete bixenon projectors with HIDs to retrofit for around $200. Real projectors too, not the ebay crap.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the looks of it factory high beams have a cleaner (and lower) cut off than these do in low beam housings.

Doesn't make sense to me when you can get complete bixenon projectors with HIDs to retrofit for around $200. Real projectors too, not the ebay crap.

where at?

Sent from my Windows Phone