LED Cube Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98k15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has retrofit LED cubes into their headlight housings, I've seen it in the works on Instagram just cant seem to remember the users name so i can't find the photos.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "LED cubes" but LED headlights have been discussed on here quite a bit. General consensus seems to be they're not worth it at all with the exception of the full sealed beam LED lamps for the W/T grille and the sealed quad beam LEDs if you can find them in the correct size. They're not cheap, though.

EDIT - Just saw sin's link above, never seen that done before. Somehow I doubt they'll have any sort of a cut off to them, AKA they'll probably blind the hell out of other drivers if they are reasonably bright. Also as mentioned on the last page of that thread, I'm sure cops would be messing with you regularly.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
I think if you mount the pods as high's, you should be fine imo....

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "LED cubes" but LED headlights have been discussed on here quite a bit. General consensus seems to be they're not worth it at all with the exception of the full sealed beam LED lamps for the W/T grille and the sealed quad beam LEDs if you can find them in the correct size. They're not cheap, though.

EDIT - Just saw sin's link above, never seen that done before. Somehow I doubt they'll have any sort of a cut off to them, AKA they'll probably blind the hell out of other drivers if they are reasonably bright. Also as mentioned on the last page of that thread, I'm sure cops would be messing with you regularly.
LED bars can have a cut off just as any source of light can. It's dependant upon the lens of the bar.

I'm almost done with a set I've been working on for the past 8 months. Working with the plastics company on developing new composites has been a lot of trial and error.

I would post some progress pictures here, but as part of my agreement with Rigid, I can't yet. They have supplied the lighting. Once everything has cleared, I hope to sell them for a price range between $500-$600.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
LED bars can have a cut off just as any source of light can. It's dependant upon the lens of the bar.

I'm almost done with a set I've been working on for the past 8 months. Working with the plastics company on developing new composites has been a lot of trial and error.

I would post some progress pictures here, but as part of my agreement with Rigid, I can't yet. They have supplied the lighting. Once everything has cleared, I hope to sell them for a price range between $500-$600.

Interesting. I thought most of those light bars just threw as much light forward as possible like a flashlight reflector. The lenses on the bars you're using must be dramatically different from what people in the thread sin linked have. Check out the bottom of the third page, that's about the farthest thing from a cut off I've ever seen.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I've read it.

RI actually spends a lot of money on R&D of lens shape. It's just one of the reasons for their cost.

You can currently buy a dually as a Spot Light, Flood Light, Driving Light. Or Wide Driving Light. Their refining the technology every day.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
I've read it.

RI actually spends a lot of money on R&D of lens shape. It's just one of the reasons for their cost.

You can currently buy a dually as a Spot Light, Flood Light, Driving Light. Or Wide Driving Light. Their refining the technology every day.

Sounds amazing! Can't wait to see their new product line that I still can't afford! lol

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has retrofit LED cubes into their headlight housings, I've seen it in the works on Instagram just cant seem to remember the users name so i can't find the photos.

I've wanted to do the same thing
You must be registered for see images
retrofit these into my housings on my 91 k2500. Not legal obviously, but just aim them down a bit like I do with my HIDS's and you won't blind anyone. I've had it with hids so I really want this led technology to get to where we have more options or kits with good lumen output.

I put these truck lite led lamps in our super duty and express vans that burn out lamps like crazy and we never have problems again
You must be registered for see images
so I'm all for it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Mine have HID lows, Oracle's around the housing, and Wide Driving highs. It's basically the same as JP has on his cat's eyes. I'll see if I can find a close up of his.