leaking injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmmm I would not use liquid gasket at all, I would get a new one or a true straight one from a junkyard

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There was a guy selling used throttle body's in the for sale section for a lot cheaper than that, I can pick up a complete throttle body locally for $40.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol...
This seems like a good place..
I saw the top of my injectors seemed a bit wet. I have an injector o-ring kit a member here sent me because he's awesome and his Yukon is too.
I noticed my injectors are missing the microscopic screens in the side? Are they needed?
They're mentioned here

but not here from earlier in the thread

Was thinking my gaskets look ok and the regulator diaphragm seems good enough. Kinda thinking I wouldn't need a kit but, if these are important maybe I should?
Where did they go?eesh..

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Piece of glass for flatness, sandpaper, and the top of the TBI unit.
You must be registered for see images attach

A guy could do the same to the gasket surface of the bottom part of the injector pod. Be sure the various O-rings are in place and undamaged.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dang....I just looked closely and guess I'll be doing this... thanks! of course I just reset the spring....

So those little itty bitty screens? 1 on each injector....Are they important?

Last edited:

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found the tiny filters. 1 was on the intake and the other was lying on the workspace. Guess they popped loose when removing the injectors... scary...
Went ahead and bought a kit and put new gaskets and everything in... Fired up nice... Don't see any fuel anywhere but will keep an eye on it.... Pretty sure it was the o-rings but we'll see...
That center area had just the slightest amount of coloring just like your last pic Schurkey. Mine looked a little better...I got timid and left it..
Took a minute to realize you have to sand over a bit of an edge...the glass was enough thickness...