leaking injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

So broke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had a cracked injector body. so i got a replacement and an injector rebuild kit. so i got everything put back together. and it ran fine for a week. i started my truck and the idle was going up and down. i thinking what else is going. so i opened up my hood and i smell gas bad. the drivers side injector is leaking from the top and the seal all around is wet. i followed the instructions so i'm not sure whats going on. any ideas.

So broke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i changed the gaskets and switched injectors and the other side was spraying fuel like wot. so im going t buy a new injector unless someone has any other ideas.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would not use 2 gasket's, the only time I have seen them leak is if someone put's a gouge in the aluminum surface while scraping the old gasket off, maybe post up some pics.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are the injectors seated right in the pod? they have a washer that goes on top, do you have the filters around the bottom of the injectors?

So broke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you said there is a washer that goes on top? here what i did. the injector has a tiny filter on the side.then one thats on the nose then a rubber gasket on top of that. before the injector goes in a metal washer then a rubber one. then the injector goes in with the point on the injector body lined up with injection body. the injector gets pushed in tight. that's what i got from the instructions.

So broke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's what i used. i got the body at the salvage yard so maybe the pod has some nicks in it looks right but who knows. but wouldn't i be able to see if it was uneven/

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can check that the pod and the top is level with a straight edge, the injectors slide in and kind of "twist and lock" so the two power studs are horizontal

So broke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i checked wit a level and it is off on the front a little. do i have to buy a new one or can i get some liquid gasket or what?