Laredo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Of course, the next step was to take the truck down to a bare frame and start rebuilding every aspect of the chassis---from the suspension, steering, front/rear differentials, and fuel/brake lines to details such as the exhaust hangar insulators and fuel tank strap insulators. I have used Genuine GM and AC Delco replacement parts wherever possible (very few aftermarket parts have been used so far, aside from the obvious). Moreover, if the factory used metric hardware, it was replaced with either factory hardware or Grade 10.9 hardware from my local hardware store. No detail has been overlooked.

I am so jealous looking at that frame!! Looks clean enough to eat off of.

What are the wheels off of because they look similar to Humvee wheels.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those that asked, the paint code is U9403. I don't know what specific name GM called this shade of tan for MY1998.

According to this touch up paint website, 'Tan' it is:

You must be registered for see images attach

I remember reading that there can be significant variations in colors chosen, depending
upon what geographical region that the vehicle was ordered from. I seem to remember
that a Tan or Saddle color was much more popular in the southwest than elsewhere.

By the way, NICE job & attention to detail.

That is one pristine GMT400...a lifetime
member of the family to be sure.

Thanks for sharing!

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am so jealous looking at that frame!! Looks clean enough to eat off of.

What are the wheels off of because they look similar to Humvee wheels.
Thank you.

They are 18" Black Rhino Arsenal wheels. This is what they look like with the center cap installed.

Attachments

• IMG20230628201008.jpg
    IMG20230628201008.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 21

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love it (aside from the lift --- not a big fan of lifts on these trucks)! Looks fantastic! I appreciate the attention to detail.
Thank you. I debated the installation of a lift kit for months. I purchased it and cancelled my order within 72 hours before repurchasing it again approximately one month later. I currently have no regrets. It looks better in person, IMO. It got a lot of attention during our cross-country trip.

Attachments

• IMG20230806141205.jpg
    IMG20230806141205.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20230806_180725.jpg
    IMG_20230806_180725.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 48

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I debated the installation of a lift kit for months. I purchased it and cancelled my order within 72 hours before repurchasing it again approximately one month later. I currently have no regrets. It looks better in person, IMO. It got a lot of attention during our cross-country trip.
Looks pretty good actually. Yeah. Need to see it with the front end assembled.

Again, super sweet truck!

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, truck looks great, not sure I would have had the testicular fortitude to tear down a 118k mile truck...But it looks good for sure.
LOL! There was a surprising amount of dirt, grease, and other contaminants on the chassis even after degreasing and pressure washing it. I'm a perfectionist: I knew even a "good" rattle can job on the frame would not satisfy my OCD.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
According to this touch up paint website, 'Tan' it is:

You must be registered for see images attach

I remember reading that there can be significant variations in colors chosen, depending
upon what geographical region that the vehicle was ordered from. I seem to remember
that a Tan or Saddle color was much more popular in the southwest than elsewhere.

By the way, NICE job & attention to detail.

That is one pristine GMT400...a lifetime
member of the family to be sure.

Thanks for sharing!
Thank you very much. (For those eagle-eyed observers, yes, I did eventually realize the eccentric washers were installed improperly and correct them.)

I definitely intend to keep this truck for a very long time and pass it on to my now 17-year-old son one day.