Laredo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This truck makes even a radiator hose look elegant.
LOL! Thank you.

Speaking of which, I initially ordered ACDelco (Gold) replacement hoses. The upper hose, however, had only 3-5" of sheathing. When looking further online, I noticed the Genuine GM hose includes full-length sheathing. Needless to say, that's what I purchased and installed. The lower radiator hoses are the same.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked some of the screws today. I have short screws on the ends of the wiper cowl and long screws in center section. The 2 short pieces on either side do have long screws.
I think if you place screws in your new cowl(on bench) and as long as they protrude enough to fasten, that will tell you. The only exception would be the passenger side screw on cowl end should be short, as that is the infamous screw above the blower that can cause leaks. Keeping short screws on passenger side might be the rule of thumb, I don’t see that it would matter on driver side as it is just an open well.

Last edited:

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I checked some of the screws today. I have short screws on the ends of the wiper cowl and long screws in center section. The 2 short pieces on either side do have long screws.
I think if you place screws in your new cowl(on bench) and as long as they protrude enough to fasten, that will tell you. The only exception would be the passenger side screw on cowl end should be short, as that is the infamous screw above the blower that can cause leaks. Keeping short screws on passenger side might be the rule of thumb, I don’t see that it would matter on driver side as it is just an open well.
Interesting. Thank you for checking. I really appreciate it.