KM2 vs. Trail Grappler M/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Downsizing on tires and decreasing the aggressiveness off tires. i have super swamper tsl 36/12.5/15 now and im going to a 33/12.5/15. i am wondering what would yall recommend. the KM2 or the Trail Grappler M/T. i only do light offroading but i want the mud tires cause of the look and i have an open diff rear end. i know both of these tires will last close to 50k if maintained correctly.

if yall have any other recommendations to what yall would think would last longer and me a better tire.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
No on the KM2's. If it was me I'd go with the Grapplers or Toyo M/T's. Don't have any experience with the Toyo's, but I know the Grapplers are very good. Both made by the same company (Toyo owns Nitto) and both are great looking.

Sent from my Taliban Killing Droid

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how do the Toyo M/T's and the Trail Grappler M/T's clean out mud. ill check prices from the dealers around here on the Toyo M/T's

What do yall think about the Micky Thompson Baja MTZ and Baja ATZ.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I have seen Toyos in mud and they are pretty awesome. They look awesome too. The Mickey Thompsons are SICK! They pull like champs my buddy has a set on his Yota

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Everything I've read online and from talking to my guy at discount tire tells me the Grappler will last longer than the Mickey's. He's had multiple guys get 40-50k out of them.

Sent from my Taliban Killing Droid

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
how do the Toyo M/T's and the Trail Grappler M/T's clean out mud. ill check prices from the dealers around here on the Toyo M/T's

What do yall think about the Micky Thompson Baja MTZ and Baja ATZ.

I had Mickey Thompson atz and loved em road good and had good road manners. I had 30,000 miles on them when I took them off and expect to get 10 to 15 thousand more miles on them maybe more. I jus recently took those off and bought new wheels and tires and put the Mickey Thompson mtz on and so far love them and ride good but haven't had em long enough to know miles but my off road shop told me if rotated every 3000 miles I should expect 45,000 miles out of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
I've had km2s and thought they were great the only reason I didn't keep them was they were too big for my truck. I currently have a set mtzs and love them they ride really good and are still really quiet after about 15000. Don't know how long they will last but I like em so far.

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Boss has mtz's on his 2500 got them last summer and still well over half tread left and thats pulling and driving gravel all day no idea on mileage though