Just bought a Burb with a giant engine...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I started another thread specifically about the hard start, and it does seem that a bad FPR is the consensus. Getting a manual is definitely on my todo list, although I typically just find myself frustrated with the inaccuracy of those manuals that tend to cover too many years and models...

"for some reason" - yeah, cuz they're awesome!
Well really wanted a 454 ccsb , but I settled for a 5.7 ccsb... Ended up trading it for a newer ccsb s10 .. Still would love to gave a 454 even though gas mileage is low

Live action!!

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score

That really looks like fun grampa! I've never done any off-roading, aside from dirt campsite roads. And man, you really killed that puddle! ;)

Welcome to the site.

Thanks Tod.

Well really wanted a 454 ccsb , but I settled for a 5.7 ccsb... Ended up trading it for a newer ccsb s10 .. Still would love to gave a 454 even though gas mileage is low

Live action!!

I don't know what ccsb means...

And I like that, "gas mileage is low" - that's one way to put it. Frickin' Abysmal is another! I'm starting to look back fondly on the 11mpg I used to get in my 5.4 2wd Expedition.