Jolly Green's '97 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Better than w/ the Cepek's?

I was talking about the black flares and mirrors. I personally like these more than the cepeks you had. I might just be biased since my dad's ford had them.
You must be registered for see images attach

But I do like the new wheels you have.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I got the hydroboost swap done this weekend. Overall it wasn't bad at all. The biggest problem I ran in to was the feed line from the PS pump to the booster, which I will elaborate more down the line. Going off of the GMT400 hydroboost swap "sticky" done by Draggin (which is very good) I set off getting all the proper parts I needed. I was lucky and got everything off a 97 1 ton. This included the booster, master cylinder, all lines (3), and the brake pedal. The only difference between what I did and what Draggin did was I swapped in a PS pump with 2 return lines instead of 1.

Ok, I'm not going to get into swapping the pumps. That's fairly straight forward and if you want to see a "how to" do a search for power steering pump replacement. There's a pretty good write-up on it.

Got my old pump off and the new one sitting next to it with the mounting bracket swapped over. Take a close look at where the feed line goes into the bottom left of both pumps. You'll notice they are different. The stock pump has EVO (electronic variable oriface) and the new one doesn't. At first I didn't care because I was going to either delete it all together or just unplug the wires going to the connector.

Booster and MC installed. I didn't get any pics of the interior where it bolts through the firewall or swapping the pedals out.

Here's where I ran into a problem. You can see where the inlet is for the feed line, and the line itself. The inlet faces the rear of the truck. The line faces 90 degrees from where it needs to be in order to attach it to the pump. I believe the donor truck had EVO because of how the line sits, but I'm not sure because the entire engine was out of it when I pulled everything. In the second pic you can see the EVO connected to the old pump, and that it faces towards the front of the truck when it's installed (where I need it). This line was a stock GM line. The feed line that is shown in post #2 from O'Reilly's is the same line as well. So it won't work either.

IMO, unless someone knows something I don't; when you do this swap AND you swap pumps to a hydroboost pump you either

A. Must re-use the EVO connector from your truck or
B. Get the end of the line re-made so that it faces the front of the truck

Just my .02

Last edited:

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Changed the drivers door lock actuator and interior door handle. Quick and simple right? Wrong. Sometime in the last 6 months when I changed the door latch, I took the old actuator off and threw it away since I knew it didn't work. Well, I guess I threw away the bracket that mounts to the door panel... :banghead: I didn't realize this until I had everything off and went to mount the actuator to the panel, and the new one didn't come with a bracket. So, I made a new one out of .060 stainless steel.

Bracket on passenger side

New bracket fab'd and mounted to the new actuator

Riveted onto the panel

Last edited:

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Been having a problem with a leak around the output shaft of the transfer case. Decided it was time to fix it. Here's a link to an old thread.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?6977-Ouput-shaft-leaking

Pulled the extension housing off:

To remove the retainer housing you have to get the snap ring off:

After that the housing slides right off

Just have to clean the surface well and put some gasket maker on it

Hopefully that will cure the leak.

Did that go back together easily? I did that to my 241 and I cracked the plastic oil pump. I found on Pirate 4x4 that the whole case had to be taken apart to be able to get the housing back on.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I didn't have a problem with it. I just used the 4 high the other day on the way home, since it was snowing, and had no issues. There's still a leak, but it's coming from the booted seal where the drive shaft yoke slides in. The damn seal is less than six months old.

SIKAZPHUC

Reaction score
Nice lookin truck...I like it. But I vote to paint the flares...give me some time and I will more than likely have the cutouts linex'd in white on my cummins crew...