I've never seen this before...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never seen this kind of electrical connection before. :think: Just wondering what it is(kinda like tape) and how it held up so long since it had factory electrical tape yet. The single line in is the main input and each line goes to the door lock motor and the door lock switch. (if you were wondering) :shrug:

You must be registered for see images attach

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
I've never seen this kind of electrical connection before. :think: Just wondering what it is(kinda like tape) and how it held up so long since it had factory electrical tape yet. The single line in is the main input and each line goes to the door lock motor and the door lock switch. (if you were wondering) :shrug:

You must be registered for see images attach

That looks sketchy :lol: Might wanna redo it IMO

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks sketchy :lol: Might wanna redo it IMO

That's kinda what I thought. Them Canadians made my truck :rofl: I got new door panels out of a 92 surburban and my door connections are different, but have the same amount of wire and wire colors so I have to figure out what each wire does, so I wire it correctly... haha

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah now I feel dumb I cleaned the tape residue off and found out its a crimp connection that had like electrical duck tape around it.. :nutkick:

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no way that's factory.

Maybe if it was a chrysler... :lol:

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
^^what he said.
I've seen it on just about all makes of cars/trucks.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep, factory.

It didn't look as ty in 1989 but that was a long time ago, the tape they use is really ty and the glue gets all gooey and falls apart leaving just some fiber strands...heatshrink and split loom plastic tubing for me thanks.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
What everyone else said, its factory. I found those connections for ignition switch sources when I pulled the temp/comp mirror out of the 98 tahoe.