It'll buff out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snotrocket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should Por 15 that frame. It looks like the front part of it will be pretty easy to get to while you have the front clip off.

If you really plan on keeping it forever you'll kick yourself a few years down the road when it's rusted out.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll do some frame treating when I do the sas on it. Vehicles don't rust really at all down here in la.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well everything is painted but the grill. It was getting painting when I knocked the support out from under it and it fell face first on the floor. I will get that painted Wednesday probably. I definitly need some more practice. The fender came out pretty nice, but the hood has alot of orange peel to it. I will prolly try wetsanding and buffing to get it out later. Right now im more concerned with gettin the truck together. I really wish I would have been painting in a paint booth tho.

I started goin back together with it yesterday afternoon. The majority of the "hard" stuff is out of the way. I still have some tweeking to do to get the hood gaps right. My A/C should be gettin done either tonite or Thursday night, just depends on when my father-in-law can make it over (hour drive). The next someone major issue is goin to be getting the driverside bumper brackets to line up, but thats nothing a lil heating and beating cant take care of lol.

Heres a pic of where I left it yesterday:
You must be registered for see images attach

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I was able to get it mostly back together this weekend. Only have to put some trim pieces back on it and do some adjusting on my headlights. I drove it for about 2 hours yesterday and it ran great. Go to head to work this morning and it started running like crap. It was cutting out really bad. I may have a vacuum leak somewhere. It use to throw a code that indicated a vacuum leak but doesnt anymore. I have a feeling my check engine light may be out lol. Here is a couple pics:

4-hi with 6000K HIDs

Together pic

I bought tow hooks to go on the front that need some paint and a valance to put on. I also need to put the chrome trim on the fender. I know alot of ppl debadge but I actually like all of it on mine.

The truck looks good from about 20 ft lol. Start getting closer, you start seeing the flaws in my paint job lol.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Truck's looking better & better all the time! Nice job!

I've found that it's easier to install the valance on the bumper, before you put the bumper on the truck. That way, you only have to lay on your back on the ground, once.