It'll buff out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well last Friday night, several bad decisions were made and my truck ended up looking like this. Ive tried the car insurance commercial methods of washing it or peeling the messed up parts off, but it doesnt work. So it seems I will have to start tearing it apart and fixing it the hard way lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I think I have a lead on a truck the same color at a junk yard. If the front end parts are good, Im gonna go get them from there or maybe try to buy the whole truck to use as parts. If not, my uncle is a body man so Im thinking he can hook me up with some good prices on new parts.

It will probably be a couple weeks before I mess with it tho. Im gonna have to wait for my tax return before I can mess with it too much. For those interested, Ill post up pics of the progree when it starts.

Over the past couple months, Ive had to change the battery (only got 7 years out of the other one, whats up with that lmfao), change intake manifold gasket (and flush the motor from it being full of water on a fresh oil change i might add), and change the fuel pump (only 200k miles on it, again i say, whats up with that lol).

I will also be changing the exhaust up a little. This is my wifes daily driver at the moment and with a gutted cat and the muffler on there, its LOUD.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luckily the amount beer I had didnt contribute, my sober father-in-law was driving....We was tryin to pull my cousin from a ditch. Truck was sitting in the wrong lane and a guy came around a curve and hit it. He had been drinking. Crazy thing is that he called the cops, so get went to jail for DWI lol. The guy actually almost missed the truck and hit the ditch where I was standing.

It will take alot of beer to fix it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
So how does this work were you are? Will his insurance pay for your damage, or the fact that he got a DUI make his insurance null & void?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
So how does this work were you are? Will his insurance pay for your damage, or the fact that he got a DUI make his insurance null & void?

I would think his insurance would have to pay for it? In Alabama, if you get a DUI, the accident is ALWAYS your fault. If you are sitting at a red light and I plow into you and I'm sober, but you're drunk, it is your fault!

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not sure how its going to work out. My father-in-law got a improper lane usage ticket. Never been involved in a wreck like this. My truck was sitting in the wrong lane not to far from a curve. I have a feeling my insurance will be fixing his truck. And since i have liability only on my truck, i will be fixing my truck. If it works out that he as to pay, then that would be nice.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
im not sure how its going to work out. My father-in-law got a improper lane usage ticket. Never been involved in a wreck like this. My truck was sitting in the wrong lane not to far from a curve. I have a feeling my insurance will be fixing his truck. And since i have liability only on my truck, i will be fixing my truck. If it works out that he as to pay, then that would be nice.
I would be RAISING HELL with his insurance company if he got a DUI in it. Like I said, some states that is automatic fault in an accident if not most states or all states.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I will be getting the accident report before too long so I can see whats up.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I will be getting the accident report before too long so I can see whats up.

Don't accept what they tell you if you don't like what you hear. Even if your state's law's are like mine or others, you still have a very powerful bargaining chip with the insurance company.