It'll buff out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The way it works here, through our most wonderful government owned insurance monopoly, is that they will pay for your vehicle to be fixed, but if later on they find that you are, say, 25% to blame, they will come back to you for a 25% return of the damage costs. You cannot re-insure any vehicle in your name until that $$$ is recieved. You can not renew your license either, until they get their money. The ********!
If a desicion is made where you are 25% to blame before they put out any cash for repairs, they will pay the body shop 75%, less your deductible which you pay to the body shop.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
The guy actually almost missed the truck and hit the ditch where I was standing.
What truck, other than a GMT400, would save a life by being in between to take the "bullet". :evillol:

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
That sucks man!

I see the LA Tech plate on there are you here in NW LA? Theres tons of OBS trucks here at the local junk yards you could get the parts you need cheap here in shreveport/bossier area. Just an idea if you end up having to fix it out of pocket.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Road flares are a wonderful thing, might want to look at picking up a set to keep in the truck. Let's people know there's something going on.

Looks about how mine looked, only opposite side. Fenders are easy, bumpers are pretty easy, the radiator core support takes some time if you bent it, it's the mechanical stuff that is tougher to find and fix. Hopefully you got lucky like I did, and didn't do anything to the engine/radiator.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup the truck took the bullet for me lol. a 06-07 Dmax is what hit it...the OBS wasnt scared tho lol.

Pierced...Nah im from SW LA...I did go to school at Tech tho. Thanks for the tip tho. Hopefully getting the accident report today so I can start figuring out which direction to go with it.

gmcyukondriver...luckily it appears the engine and radiator are good. The radiator is only a year and half old too, when I saw the water on the ground from the washer fluid, I thought it was my radiator lol. The radiator core support is bent tho.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I will be getting 50% from his insurance, which is fine by me. I figure I can fix it myself for that 50%. Going tomorrow to get an estimate done on it.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damge total came to $4365, shop said the value of the truck was $5400. By doing those numbers, the truck is totaled. Im going to get the paperwork to the insurance tomorrow and see whats up. I will be keeping the truck regardless of what happens.

My grandfather bought the truck new in 98 and he passed away in 03. I started driving it Chrismtas eve of 03 when my other truck was in the shop and my parents decided to buy it for me. Mainly because my brother was going to start drivin soon and they needed him a truck. it only had 32k miles on it when I got it. This truck aint goin no where.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My insurance just informed me that his insurance will be payin half of the damage and I will get to keep my truck and wont have to buy it back. So with that $2200 I will be fixing the damage and probably doing a lil more work to the truck to make it more dependable that it already is. Im just not sure what to do.

Any opinions?