It'll buff out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speaking of cases...... how about a transfer case and solid axle....... :)

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of cases...... how about a transfer case and solid axle....... :)

I like the way you think. Whats even crazier is how I have been reseaching that very stuff this morning lol.

Here is my plan as of now. Im just going to fix the damage for now and keep driving it. I never have any intentions on getting rid of the truck and Im wanting a 4x4 for playing, hunting, or whatever; so after it is no longer a daily driver (hopefully be rolling in a dmax by the end of the year) I plan to make this truck 4x4. The only problem I will have doing this is the fact that this truck has alot of sentimental value to me...Id rather not tear it up. But I plan on keeping it regardless of what happens, so why not lmfao

Tomorrow I plan to head to a salvage yard and try to pick up a straight fender, hood, rad core support, inner fender, and whatever else I can find. Its time to get this truck back on the road.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
T^hat is an easy fix and pretty cheap if you can find used parts in the proper color.

A frame shop could fix the core support mount, but a big tree and a come along could do the same for free. The frame damage looks minor. If any suspension damage, then I always suggest frame shop. Doesn't look like that in your case. Just remember to pull past the proper location and it will 'spring' back into place. The rest looks to be bolt on. GMT400s are very easy to dissassemble the front end.

Good luck with it either way. Sentimental memories are tough to overcome. That truck would have to have a lot more damage to total it in my mind.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Im pretty sure it doesnt go into the suspension. I do have a come along and a big tree lol. Hopefully I can get it back right

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not so worried about the proper color parts. I will paint the parts. Yea it wont quite match up with the older paint on the truck, but thats okay for now.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up a fender, inner fender, hood, radiator core support, washer fluid bottle, and storage box from a salvage yard Saturday. It's close to the same color but it's a purple. It will be getting painted.

I also pulled my truck down. I'm hoping to drag the truck out and hook it to a tree to get the frame straight. I also plan to order the the majority of the rest of my parts tomorrow. It's time to get this thing back on the road.

Here's a couple pics

"new fender and hood"
You must be registered for see images attach

Truck tore down

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
trust me you'll need two trees and two chains. But then again yours dont look as bad

Well thats really what I meant. I have spotted the perfert spot to put the truck between two trees. hopefully ill get some help saturday to get this thing moved and straightened.

I have been doing WAY too much research on makin this truck 4wd. We just got over 15" of rain tuesday and the wife was wanting to go drive around to see it...all the more reason to build the truck. I cant wait till I can retire it from its DD duties and have some fun with it.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wells I guess its time for an update. I did get the body mount straightened out a while back. I have the fender, rad core support, and front bumper in place and it seems to be all good. The driver side bumper brackets will take a lil tweeking to work right, but thats okay too.

After I fixed the frame, the truck as just sat there till recently. All I lacked from gettin started on it again was the motivation to buy the paint and get to work. Well last week I did a lil sanding and priming on the "new" hood to get rid of some paint chips and today I bought paint. My goal for tomorrow is to have all the new parts painted. I might even put the radiator back in and hook up the AC, thats if my father-in-law comes over so he can charge the AC for me. If everything goes my way, it will be back on the road before next weekend.

Heres a pic of how it sits as of now...

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot to mention. I might be picking up a ford d44 hp, ford divorced np205, and ford 9" rear for $300. Not exactly the route I wanted to go as far as the axles, but for the price i cant really pass it up IMO.