It has begun...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered a 1.5" cast iron rear lift block kit from Summit today, Thrush 17637 dual in/dual out muffler & set of the OE style ebay fender flares. Next on the list is a new black grill painted with bedliner & black housing/clear lense/chrome reflector headlights/turn signals with smoked corners & Pacer smoked cab lights. I'll update with pics as parts arrive & get installed. Also getting a set of 285/75/16 Kelly Safari TSR's & my TB cranked to level when the rear block goes in.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a 1.5" cast iron rear lift block kit from Summit today, Thrush 17637 dual in/dual out muffler & set of the OE style ebay fender flares. Next on the list is a new black grill painted with bedliner & black housing/clear lense/chrome reflector headlights/turn signals with smoked corners & Pacer smoked cab lights. I'll update with pics as parts arrive & get installed. Also getting a set of 285/75/16 Kelly Safari TSR's & my TB cranked to level when the rear block goes in.

you forgot to order your X pipe! :D :lol:

Should look good man. I'm wanting a set of flares too and I'm debating on the cab lights. I was going to order all new exhaust stuff but I'm just going to let the local shop redo it....

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL, & it'll always be missing a X, LOL.

My truck just got dropped off for the muffler & turn downs. Flares are supposed to arrive today, block kit tomorrow. Gotta get some more bills paid & see where my budget ends up. Next will be headlights & cab lights then tires.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool post a sound clip of it if you can when you get it back...

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it back & its got alot deeper rumble than expected. I'm extremely happy with my cheapo muffler. The drone isnt bad at all as long as you have a working radio, but then again I'm so used to exhaust noise from my TA that it really doesnt even bother me, I actually enjoy the sound. I'll see if my wife can get a clip with her phone tonight or tomorrow. I have training tonight so its late when I get home.

I'm also very impressed with the cheapo ebay fender flares. They look great, now I just need time to get them installed. And I received the final 4 LED's from MOBS to complete my dash/doors. He had to order the little twist locks for the headlight & doors. I already have the HVAC/cluster all installed & he has some top quality products.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well this morning the 1.5" block kit arrived & I ordered my head light kit from ebay, they had a sale for $87 shipped so I had to snatch them. Next up is take the truck to my buddy to get the block installed, bars cranked & aligned. Then I'll be ready for the tires in a few weeks. I'll get the flares on this weekend hopefully.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Day just got even better, ordered my tires through my buddy, got a slot for Monday in his shop for the tires, block install, TB crank & alignment. And I'm getting front brake parts after work & will do those over the weekend before my Monday appointment.

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would like to hear a sound clip of exhaust too...looking for a muffler for my tahoe. I have spintech on my truck but they get expensive when you have to buy two...just looking for something cheap and want a nice deep rumble so might be just what I am looking for.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll get one soon. Just havent had time yet, been really busy at home & work. Most likely this weekend. I discovered last night my driver side lower ball joint boot & passenger side upper boot have both ripped open recently. There is no play so I'm gonna leave them till I get my tax return then have the ball joints & entire front end rebuilt. Most likely order all my parts from Rockauto & have my buddy's shop do the install.