Issue with door slop “When doors Shut”Combination worn latches or weather strip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seeing Slap slop after closed tight
Door weather seals bad ?
Worn striker ?
Or weak latch or a combination of it all?
Don’t wanna spend 70$ on latches if it’s not them.
Door hinge pin / bushings are new Cunningham ( rock solid ) so it’s not that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Seeing Slap slop after closed tight
Door weather seals bad ?
Worn striker ?
Or weak latch or a combination of it all?
Don’t wanna spend 70$ on latches if it’s not them.
Door hinge pin / bushings are new Cunningham ( rock solid ) so it’s not that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If the pins were bad for a while, the striker is probably also worn. The door hinges may be slightly bent, but the door jamb itself may be slightly out of whack. Truck bodies are like cardboard boxes; if you move them enough they're gonna get outta shape.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the pins were bad for a while, the striker is probably also worn. The door hinges may be slightly bent, but the door jamb itself may be slightly out of whack. Truck bodies are like cardboard boxes; if you move them enough they're gonna get outta shape.
I agree about wear , I mean the doors def did not sag bad before the cunningham bushings , and after it’s rock solid literally!
All the (gap) in door to body is equal when closed . and the issue is also on the rear side doors .. which have Zero hinge pin wear . When shut it looks right it just has that play per the video showing , and that’s what rattles when driving.. so damn annoying .. I def need weather strip and strikers .. my thoughts about the latches were different and confusing for me though..

Do latches lock tighter in
(incremental clicks ) meaning when you shut that door snug do these obs latches lock in one single click or tighter the harder you shut / slam the doors . Kinda like I mean how the old power hatch back locks would pull the big hatch backs super tight . Take a 80s iroc z for example. I think if I do door weather strip , strikers see what happens, if same I’ll replace latches

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The weather strip, seals , fill the gap between the body shell and the door frame. The striker and latch hold the door secure. Yes new fresh rubber door seals would have resistance to closing, that's their function.
I would try a new striker bolt. And if still not secure, test the latch for wear.